PDA

View Full Version : Rykos tranny is F*CKING up

ryko
06-04-2008, 08:53 AM
once a week or so i would grind gears usally just 2nd. but recently its been doing it two or three times a day. normal driving, getting on it, clutch all the way in...i called honda they said its common in our vehicles and they cant touch it until my car no longer goes in gear....what gay shit why the heck did i pay for an extended warranty....

mustclime
06-04-2008, 09:19 AM
once a week or so i would grind gears usally just 2nd. but recently its been doing it two or three times a day. normal driving, getting on it, clutch all the way in...i called honda they said its common in our vehicles and they cant touch it until my car no longer goes in gear....what gay shit why the heck did i pay for an extended warranty....

1) learn to drive....clutch in then shift
2) how many milles you have on your trans oil? If its more than 15000, change it.

03Si757
06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
LOL Universal answer to all transmission issues is "Learn to Drive"

Might be a 3rd gear syncro taking its last breaths.

Unknownally
07-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Everyone tells me how smooth the 06+ Si's drive. Including the Coupe and Sedan. They said the tranny is smoother than the S2000. I'm so jelous. Would aluminum shifter bushings help at all?

v1c10us
07-21-2008, 12:28 AM
my dad tought me a trick to feel if your synchros are out.
When in 1st gear at around 3k put your hand on the shifter
move it up and down and left and right fairly hard, but not enough to pop it out of gear, if you feel weird grinding and vibration kinda things in the shift knob your synchro is not so hot.
for example, when Im in first gear, i feel nothing
in second gear i feel a shit ton of GRRRRR, insinuating my 2-3 syncho is fucked, which it is cause it grinds if i dont drive good.
3 i feel a teeny bit but not very bad
4 and 5 i feel nothin.

na14yu
07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Everyone tells me how smooth the 06+ Si's drive. Including the Coupe and Sedan. They said the tranny is smoother than the S2000. I'm so jelous. Would aluminum shifter bushings help at all?

I didn't find the S2000 tranny to be anywhere near as smooth as the NSX or the EP. The EP shifts almost as nicely as the NSX.

frm_808
07-23-2008, 12:12 PM

you might wanna ask the people on 8thcivic.com forums cuz there is a tsb out for 3rd gear grind.3rd gear grinds and sometimes pop out on a few. they also have trouble with 2nd gear grinds. theres alot of people out there that have tranny problems with the new coupes and hoping that the 09 have been fixed along with all the other problems