PDA

View Full Version : popping noise

squeak04si
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
well when i got my new tranny put in last summer i started having this popping noise in the front. at first it would only pop every so often but now it pops its ass off. i could be sitting still in neutral and tap the gas pedal and it pops. it really pops when im coming off the clutch pedal from a stop. im thinking it may be a motor mount but im not sure. any ideas??????

SiR R8TD
06-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Sounds like a loose or broken mount. Try to physically pull the motor forward & back. Also try having someone apply load to the motor while int's in gear & e-brake up. If the motor lifts up more than usual, your mount(s) have crapped out.

squeak04si
06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
well i just did that and the motor didnt move much cuz i have esmm's. i did pin point the popping to right under the turbo so im leaning towards the rear motor mount.

RAMSES EP3
06-05-2008, 04:50 PM
most likely it is that seems to sound like what my car sounded like.

oldskoofame
06-06-2008, 02:12 PM
i had that on my ep (when i had it). I remember reading something about the clutch or something - it also made the noise when you abruptly let go of the clutch and the car jerks.

squeak04si
06-14-2008, 05:53 PM
so i fixed the problem thanks to 05silversi for selling me a rear motor mount, thanks man! i pulled out the motor mount and the front metal insert that the bolt screws into was extremely loose. it had stripped out of the plastic base of the motor mount and would have shot out a long time ago if it wasnt for the bolt holding it somewhat in place.