PDA

View Full Version : Subs and standard headunit

Azz
06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi iv got a Civic Sport still with the stardard headunit in, cant afford a new cd player at the monent and was wundering if the standard headunit will have phono for subs?

jtyler05si
06-05-2008, 10:43 AM
pretty sure that is a no, but you can do a line converter on the rear speaker wires....i believe

Draw7Seven
06-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd rather have a better HU than a sub ghetto rigged into a stock one. Buy things in an order that makes sense.

jtyler05si
06-05-2008, 11:03 AM
bingo.... line converter=i'm a cheap ass. but it is do-able

how do you spell doable?

xhx
06-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I bought mine (used) with a line converter on the rear speakers with an 8" bazooka tube. The whole line converter thing sucks, but it works, and I've found that 8" of sub is plenty for this size of car if you want to accentuate the lows without completely killing the sound of the music.

That said, I'm putting in an aftermarket HU and a 10" sub this weekend, but I'm not going nuts with the power. It'll just sound cleaner than the bazooka did with just a touch more hit.

kaisertj
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
If cant afford a headunit, how can you afford subs? IF you want it to work, just get one of those RCA adaptors that splices in to factory wiring. Pretty easy to do, they cost about $20. However, overall sound quality and clarity wont be near that of a good aftermarket headunit and RCA's.

Azz
06-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Already got two subs in a box from my last car and iv just bought a newst on alloy wheels so im trying to save a bit money for a month before I buy a good headunit, thanks for the info

hinkle
06-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Already got two subs in a box from my last car and iv just bought a newst on alloy wheels so im trying to save a bit money for a month before I buy a good headunit, thanks for the info

I bet you could find a cheap used HU and throw it in there and not worry about all the confusion.

Draw7Seven
06-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I bet you could find a cheap used HU and throw it in there and not worry about all the confusion.

Pay shipping and I'll send you the Clarion that was in my car when I bought it. You might need a harness, but that'd be cheap, especially with a free (shipping cost) HU.

jtyler05si
06-06-2008, 05:14 AM
i'd take the dealio, captain....
save some change....

SiN05
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Your going to hear more bass than anything with subs and your stock headunit with stock speakers. Stock speakers are weak