PDA

View Full Version : Tien Basics Question

WhiteComet
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I am currently on the HFP suspension and am thinking about a larger drop..

Anyways, from my research the Tien Basics are the same springrate as the SS without the adjustable dampers.

My questions is, are the Basic dampers equivalent to the SS dampers adjusted to the softest setting, in the middle, or at the stiffest?

To those that have this setup, how do you like them?

03Si757
06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Im not famalier with the EP3 Basics, But I had installed some on my 99 CL and it rode smooth, I was surprised, and I was lowered close to 2 inchs, Smooth ride.

mikebigh
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I have the TEIN BAsics in my car for one week. I love them. I went from Eibach Sportlines on stock shocks, so I could be baised, but love the ride, and love whipping turns.

I made a post a few days ago about the rear being noisey. When you install the rear, trim an inch off the dust covers, mine actually rub on the spring and make a bit of noise....none today though since it was raining. No big deal, just annoying.

ep_hatcher_510
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
From what i have read, half the people said they love it, handles good and is a great for DD, and the other half said it was way too soft.

Also i believe Tein raised their prices so the basics are now more then before, and for that you can probably pick up a set of progress coil overs which are a lot better IMO.

ClouD
06-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Yep, they raised their prices alright. Dang weak dollar. I have the SS-P, and the ride quality is freaking smooth, perfect for daily driving. Plus with the P it has the camber plate, which is a plus.

T_Virus
06-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I have the Teins for 1 year and a half and so far so good...It is really good for daily driven...I don't have have any weird noise from the front or rear...but if you are going for hardcore track or drag, you probably would be better off with something else...