PDA

View Full Version : my driver's side window fell down :(

hksfan
06-05-2008, 11:59 PM
WTF i was rolling up my window tonight and i hear a crack then my driver's side window just fell down... i'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to get it fixed. the only bad part is i think i'm out of my warranty... how much am i looking to pay?:mmad:

oldskoofame
06-06-2008, 12:09 AM
do it urself
or argue with the dealers.

ash281
06-06-2008, 12:15 AM
yea ur power window motor is out. see if you can get one from someplace else and have it put in for cheaper.

is your car lowered, or do u have a sound system?

hksfan
06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
yea ur power window motor is out. see if you can get one from someplace else and have it put in for cheaper.

is your car lowered, or do u have a sound system?

both

ash281
06-06-2008, 12:47 AM
both

same. my driver and pass have both went out before. i got em replaced under warranty, but one of those times the dealer was being a real ass about it.

if you havnt already, dynamat your doors..might be of some help regarding power window motor longevity.

i barely use my passenger window now, im afraid of these motors going out again.

Kerby
06-06-2008, 03:50 AM
is it just me or has honda's quality in general - as far as interior - gone down the toilet?

When I was living with parental units, they bought a 96 accord lx and that thing was smooth and the interior was top notch.

i buy a 05 Si and the interior is OKAY. My driver side window has a mind of its own. it auto ups when it wants to and when it doesn't it autos down... and there is a wind draft comming from all handles at ANY speed. Quite annoying considering the price tag.:ballchain:

StraightEP3
06-06-2008, 04:28 AM
that sucks man, i actually think the interior is getting better though. When i look at my 91 CRX and then my EP there is no doubt how much they have improved. Im sitting at 142,000 miles now and still no hint of trouble, Im sorry to hear about the window thing. I hope you guys are just seeing a rare isolated problem. Good luck w/ getting it fixed, let us know when you get it priced.

hksfan
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
same. my driver and pass have both went out before. i got em replaced under warranty, but one of those times the dealer was being a real ass about it.

if you havnt already, dynamat your doors..might be of some help regarding power window motor longevity.

i barely use my passenger window now, im afraid of these motors going out again.

yeah i think my motor was okay, because i could hear it working when i pressed up or down on the window switch. but there is a binding noise when i do press the button.

hksfan
06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
well the problem was the whole window regulator mechanism went out... luckily i have a extended warranty on things like that so i'm covered. but i have to leave my car over the weekend at honda because they cant get the window back up.

specialblend154
06-06-2008, 11:06 AM
well the problem was the whole window regulator mechanism went out... luckily i have a extended warranty on things like that so i'm covered. but i have to leave my car over the weekend at honda because they cant get the window back up.

man i am glad i am not a honda tech this weekend. That sounds like a bitch.

03Si757
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
OH WHEN IT ALL.... ALL FALLS DOWN!! :caked:

03Si757
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Ask for a loner car man. They should give you something.

03civsi
06-06-2008, 05:31 PM
There is a way to keep the window up but you need 2 of the short valve cover bolts from a 2000ish Accord. Plus, speaking from experience, not all dealers have loaner cars, crappy, but it happens. :mrolleyes: