PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think?

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 12:22 AM
well after maybe about a month or so my tunerzimage fog light bulbs blew (thanks tunerz) so my mechanic got me some nokya bulbs for my fogs. now the bulbs have this blue color around them and i have yellow fogs. so i was skeptical about the outcome of the color being projected through the yellow lense. but heres the outcome. the pics dont really show how different they look. u can see a before shot on my avatar, and this is how they stand now. hella bright for freakin fogs though. get ur shades ready:mcool:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/Picture017.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/Picture016.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/Picture012.jpg

oldskoofame
06-06-2008, 12:39 AM
doesn't look that bright..
as far as i know, all of those fogs are that bright

ash281
06-06-2008, 12:49 AM
one looks yellow one looks blue? maybe just the pics..ya they do seem really bright tho

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
there weird. i think its just the way they are angled. the camera doesnt show the true color of em. i thought they were pretty hella bright when they were on but i guess not. im not really big into the whole bulb HID scense so when i put them on i was like :meek: im easily impressed lol.

frm_808
06-06-2008, 12:53 AM
one looks yellow one looks blue? maybe just the pics..ya they do seem really bright tho

ya driver more clear than passenger side

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 12:59 AM

wow i just noticed that, look at it from dead center. it still looks like that. thats really odd
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/Picture001.jpg

mormonboy
06-06-2008, 01:03 AM
i think it looks like fuckin horse shit. shoulda saved yourself the trouble n got OEM ones if you wanted fogs.

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 01:05 AM
i think it looks like fuckin horse shit. shoulda saved yourself the trouble n got OEM ones if you wanted fogs.

um prolly more like the bulbs. my avatar they dont look like fuckin horseshit at all. thanks!

ep_hatcher_510
06-06-2008, 01:07 AM

:mrolleyes: and spend like 4x more, no way, these work just as good.

mormonboy
06-06-2008, 01:10 AM
if they work just as good, this thread would have never been created.

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 01:11 AM
ok i went to check out the bulbs up close this is wat i noticed. the driver side is way brighter and the blue around the lense is in nice shape. but on the passenger fog the blue that surrounds the bulb has a bunch of black spots that the driver side doesnt, and it seems to be dimmer than on the driver side. this prolly explains the difference in color.

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 01:12 AM
if they work just as good, this thread would have never been created.

this thread was created for the bulbs not for the fogs themselves. oem or not.

ep_hatcher_510
06-06-2008, 01:17 AM
so you got a set of bad bulbs? well one of them is.

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 01:20 AM
so you got a set of bad bulbs? well one of them is.

thats what it seems. 50 bucks well spent ha. guess time for new bulbs.

ep_hatcher_510
06-06-2008, 01:22 AM
get yellow ones this time? :mredface:

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 01:22 AM

hehe more like just plain clear ones since my fogs have yellow lenses.

superchargedk20
06-06-2008, 08:01 AM
looks like your mechanic only changed the driver side bulb. I am partial to my factory fogs, and would like to update my bulbs to something a little crisper and cleaner. won't look too bad once the bulb colors match.

na they would never do that. i was in the garage and watched the whole thing. ive been goin to the same place for years, to where i can just hang out in the garage if i wanted to. i was definately there and watched as he went to purchase the bulbs and watched the entire install. they would never cheat me like that. i was literally standing right next to them and watching.

danielakatoxic
06-07-2008, 02:17 AM
my bulbs on my foggies just went out yesterday. ive been lookin around for replacements. maybe ill try the ones you got.

frm_808
06-07-2008, 03:00 AM

wow yellow bulbs on yellow lense. talk about yellow

superchargedk20
06-12-2008, 01:07 AM
wow yellow bulbs on yellow lense. talk about yellow

ha yea. those bulbs i bought one of em had burns all on the passenger side and was lighting as bright as the driver side causin the difference in color. soon will be changed to yellow. i cant wait to see how these are gona turn out lol

v1c10us
06-16-2008, 01:02 AM
dont get bulbs with any tinting what so ever for your foglights.
light is additive color not subtractive, so adding more filters(things that subtract other wavelengths from your light spectrum) will only make them dimmer
slightly yellow bulbs with a yellow filter inside lenses with a yellow filter wont be any more yellow, they will be the exact same color but dimmer.
blue filters are even worse because now you are attempting to remove everything but blue with the blue filter and everything but yellow with the yellow filter, making less yellow AND less blue light, and less of everything else, its a mess.
get some standard wattage bulbs from walmart or something, sylvania extended life or something.
that will get you the brightest results without using a high wattage bulb.
If you do go high wattage get an uncoated bulb, nokya makes them, you can find them around.