PDA

View Full Version : squeaking noise?!

bluedevilI
06-06-2008, 02:17 PM
so yesterday at work i started 2 accelerate in first and let off the gas at 3k and heard a squeaking noise. idk wat it is. i thought it was my test pipe bolt but i checked them 2day and theyre tight. i hear it every time i shift from 1st to 2nd and when i go over bumps....i thought it might be a loose bolt somewhere.....can someone help?

onejollycat
06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
it sounds like the dreaded steering rack creak. welcome to the club

bluedevilI
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
it sounds like the dreaded steering rack creak. welcome to the club

fuck my life

rburdios
06-09-2008, 08:20 PM
is it a squeak or a coffin creak sound? if its the creak welcome to the steering rack creak club. but theres hope as there is a new bracket out. i just had mine replaced and it sounds so good not to hear it

bluedevilI
06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
is it a squeak or a coffin creak sound? if its the creak welcome to the steering rack creak club. but theres hope as there is a new bracket out. i just had mine replaced and it sounds so good not to hear it

its a squeak...it happens now when i turn on my car....rite when the engine turns i hear a squeak for literally a second then it stops. and it still happens when i go over bumps, and when i when i shift from 1st to 2nd....why did this happen? is that normal wear and tear?

TexasTechEP3
06-09-2008, 08:25 PM
You sure it isn't suspension related?

I have steering creak and it doesn't creak going over speed bumps and only does it while shifting under 20 mph or from a dead stop (duh).

And it def. isn't a squeeky noise.

bluedevilI
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
You sure it isn't suspension related?

I have steering creak and it doesn't creak going over speed bumps and only does it while shifting under 20 mph or from a dead stop (duh).

And it def. isn't a squeeky noise.

idk..i asked another fellow ephatcher when i met up with him and he couldnt figure it out either... i thought of suspension being another possibility....but i dont know what it could be...

trogdor48430
06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
i think i have the same noise, is the sound coming from like right around below the shifter area, its making me mad cant figure it out as well

bluedevilI
06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
i think i have the same noise, is the sound coming from like right around below the shifter area, its making me mad cant figure it out as well

yep kinda like mine....mite b the same...

RTE117
06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I had it for a week, then it went away. I'm still convinced it was my bad tires.

:meek: