PDA

View Full Version : suspension mods... ignorant me

chakra71
11-16-2002, 07:15 PM
ok so i really want to lower my car, but i don't want to screw it up. i would love to have some input on the best compromise in ride quality and performance. i don't plan on drag racing, but i might do some autoxing once the track round here opens. i don't mind a slightly bumpy ride, but i do have a girl that rides with me, so nothing too painful. ;)

how good are springs with the stock struts. what kind of life could i expect from that setup.

are coilovers worth the price?

also, i don't know too much about suspension eq. any info would be appreciated.

goldy02
11-17-2002, 12:55 AM
go with tein flex coilovers

and edfc

IceD out N CALI
11-17-2002, 09:45 AM
I'd go with Eibach sportline springs. in my opinion eibach is like the Honda of lowering springs-overall the best. Sportlines lower your car a good 1/1/2-13/4 inches. It is lower than stock "4X4" look. To me it looks like how the car should have come stock-not too tall and not slammed.

silver ep
11-17-2002, 09:48 AM
Im going with Progress springs and Tokico shocks(when they come out), from what Ive read on here and other sites this seems to be a good set up

IceD out N CALI
11-17-2002, 09:52 AM
yeah people say good things about progress here so that wouldnt be a bad choice

civic hatch boi
11-23-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
I'd go with Eibach sportline springs. in my opinion eibach is like the Honda of lowering springs-overall the best. Sportlines lower your car a good 1/1/2-13/4 inches. It is lower than stock "4X4" look. To me it looks like how the car should have come stock-not too tall and not slammed.

sportlines only drop 1.5"???? dang i thought they dropped more.. sucky