PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP - Quick look!

TrippZ
11-16-2002, 07:22 PM
In the Si, if i wanted to upgrade the SPEAKERS (no head unit, no subs, no amp, just the speakers inside the car)

what size and how many of each do i need?

PLEASE answer! thanks to anyone that answers. ill gvie you a tootsie pop for the answer.`

IceD out N CALI
11-16-2002, 07:25 PM
i have half the answer. the rear i put 6 1/2's back there but they didnt fit perfect but i managed get it in there and it sounds much better. they are mb quartz by the way :)

TrippZ
11-16-2002, 07:30 PM
what about the front? i wanna do a total upgrade?

IceD out N CALI
11-16-2002, 07:33 PM
now that i think about it....someone did a very good step by step with pics on the install of all of the speakers. Check it out up in the audio forum

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 01:40 PM
would i be able to feel a difference even though i dotn cahnge the head unit or anything? I want to replace my rear speakers first with 6.5 Jensens. Here's the info

This is for a pair of high quality poly cone speakers from Jensen that have the unique quality of multiple mounting options... as convertible speakers they can be mounted as coaxial (2-way) speakers, or as component speakers with the tweeters mounted separately in their own housing (included).

FEATURES:

125 Watts peak power, 40 watts RMS
6 1/2" coaxial (2-way) speakers with a blue mica injection molded poly cone and a black foam surround
3/4" (19mm) Neo/Mylar dome tweeter with metal mesh grille and an angled surface mount housing when converted to a component
Stamped textured black metal baskets
Low profile ABS grille
Adapter rings (included) allow ease of installation into more vehicles
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

Power handling 125 watts peak power, 40 watts RMS
Useable frequency response 40Hz-22kHz
Sensitivity (1 watt @ q meter) 91dB SPL
Woofer 6 1/2" polypropylene
Magnet 10 oz.
Mounting depth 2-7/16"

-----------------------

Is it worth it? for $25? Should i get them? can i feel the increase?

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 01:43 PM
http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/52/51790/1404a.jpg

HK_EP3
11-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Wow Trippz... nice sig ;)

Surprise
11-17-2002, 02:22 PM
just say no to JENSEN, BOSS, or anything else you find at Pep-Boys or the flee market.

Look into MB Quart, Polk, Infinity, Focal, Rainbow, Phoenix Gold, Alpine, shoot even Rockford Fosgate.

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 02:40 PM
I heard Infinity sucks tohugh...

i also heard Jensen was good...

so what should i do? is Pyramid a good brand?

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Si_Dra6NStyL
Wow Trippz... nice sig ;)

i made it smaller, what the heck else do you want.

Surprise
11-17-2002, 02:57 PM
infinty good, Jensen, Boss, Pyramid BAD!

Well not "bad" they all produce sound. Boss seems to copy alot of desighns and looks from other companies and in the past had bad quality parts. Jesen top of the line SQ oriented series are really good, but the pictures that you showed was not them, but Jensen does have a good bang for the buck factor.

Bottom line you get what you pay for!
Listen to all of the speakers in one location with the same amp, make sure the head unit has "loud, extra bass" off and eq curves flat.

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 03:00 PM
what about pyramid?

iR-VTEC2
11-17-2002, 03:01 PM
dudes, anything is better than stock.

If those jensen speaker's signal to noise ratio is higher than stock, with a better dynamic range, then it will definately do the trick.

If the power handling is about the same as the output of the deck....even better.

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 03:04 PM
"noise ratio is higher than stock, with a better dynamic range"

what are these? what is the stock ratio and range?

DJQuikFingaz
11-17-2002, 03:06 PM
i made it smaller, what the heck else do you want.

A lot people don't consider Foglights, a moonroof visor, nose mask, cargo tray, splash guards, wheel locks, or blindspot mirrors to be mods. :D :D

cbecker333
11-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

A lot people don't consider Foglights, a moonroof visor, nose mask, cargo tray, splash guards, wheel locks, or blindspot mirrors to be mods. :D :D

I agree. Sounds like your dealer did some "modifying" in the interest of fattening his proft.

Something I don't get:
Nose Mask = "I want to protect my car's finish, but I don't ever want to see the beautiful finish that I bought the damn nose mask to protect." That just doesn't make sense to me. Am I the only one who doesn't get how thats a good thing?

TrippZ
11-17-2002, 03:50 PM
i consider it a mod, harharhahrahrharharhar...

2k2SiAutoXer
11-17-2002, 05:27 PM
hey trippz, how do you like the nose bra. I just got mine and I am waiting for my car to get back from the shop to put it on.