PDA

View Full Version : OEM replacement Pads and Rotors

Cals si03
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Yo, I want OEM replacement pads and rotors for the rear. In the front I have Power slot Rotors with Brembo pads. Any one have ideas of OEM if not better for the rear?

silver hatch
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
It would look nice to have matching rotors for the f & r but oem should be good enough for the rear. I notice how little brake force is used in the rear after having the ep for a while. Sometimes I pull on the e-brake a little when Im coming to a stop because the rear disks start to look rusted. After that, it shines it up again lol.

slurp812
06-07-2008, 03:58 PM
It would look nice to have matching rotors for the f & r but oem should be good enough for the rear. I notice how little brake force is used in the rear after having the ep for a while. Sometimes I pull on the e-brake a little when Im coming to a stop because the rear disks start to look rusted. After that, it shines it up again lol.

Sounds like the calipers are frozen on the rear...

EPSU3
06-07-2008, 04:30 PM
my rears were frozen from spending 5 months in storage with the hand brake on. I could hear them dragging on the passenger side. I just pryed it loose, but my rotors need replaced. Summit racing has cheap rear rotors, you can get slotted with or with out cross drilling for under $80 a pair.

Cals si03
06-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I do not want slotte or drilled in the back. OEM replacement or better pads and rotors. Any suggesstions?

Cals si03
06-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Bump.....

Chazwick05
06-09-2008, 07:42 AM
well, right now i have brembo slotted rotors up front, oem in the back, and hawk hps pads all around. great dd setup in my opinion. brembo also makes blanks fyi, if you're looking for something stock-ish

MugsyTheGr8
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
go to auto zone and get a set of blanks, or you can buy oem blanks from tirerack.com. for pads im using satisfied gransports and i like them. some peopl would also suggest hawk hps.

mormonboy
06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
OEM in the rear is more than sufficient. what do you do with your car other than get grocceries? if the answer is "nothing", then OEM is fine.