PDA

View Full Version : weird engine code

proudtobeawesom
06-07-2008, 06:36 PM
my check engine light came on and i ending up throwing four codes

so i went to autozone and the first 3 seemed like normal ones but the last one sounded weird to me

~p1166
primary h02s (no. 1) Heater System Electral
Probable causes
-open or short circuit condition
-poor electrical connection
-failed h02s sensor

~p1167
primary h02s (no. 1) Heater System
Probable causes
-open or short circuit condition
-poor electrical connection
-failed h02s sensor

~p1259
vtec system malfunction
probable causes
-low oil/pressure
-blocked oil passage
-failed VCT oil control valve

and this one is weird to me lol

~p0219
engine over speed condition

explanation-the powertrain contrain control module the engine speed to prevent engine or transmission damage

probable causes
-engine over-Accelerated
-vehicle driven too fast
-if no other codes stored clear code and discuss with customer

the last one confuses me cause i dont drive over 65 during the week and i dont drive over 85 on weekends when i do go 85 its for like 30 seconda
and i always shift b4 red

i figured the first two would be gone with a new o2 sensor

the third one i figured and oil change or that VCT??? valve (what is it)

the last one it sounds like they tell me to drive slower? and turn it off?
any imput would be appreaciated just confused on the last one

~kevin

myepthree
06-07-2008, 07:34 PM
How Much Did You Pay For The 02 Sensors?

proudtobeawesom
06-08-2008, 12:04 AM
didnt buy them yet no time =[

hopefully tommorow or monday

~kevin

petah
06-08-2008, 06:37 AM
did you buy the car new?

the last code is a over-rev freezeframe code? in most cases people miss-shift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear instead of going to 4th causing the engine to over-rev. in your cases with the k20a3 anything over 7500rpm i believe? the freeze frame probably kicked in at about 8500rpm but don't quote me on that.

proudtobeawesom
06-08-2008, 08:56 AM
no i bought the car used

and ive done that before but it was like 2 weeks ago, but as soon i heard it start to rev louder i stopped and pulled it outta gear as soon as i heard it rev like that (i dont know how to say it but im sure you know what it sounds like to shift down on accident)

and i have never had my hatch rev'd higher then 6800-7000

~kevin

AUTiger
06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
as for your primary o2 sensor, I would replace it. I just did mine last week. I bought a walker sensor for 152 shipped. I made it 365 hwy miles without filling up this weekend before my gas light came on. Then last night on the way back my gas light went on and I drove another 30 miles to make it 350 total miles and only filled up 10.1 gallons. I'd say I have gained 50-60 miles with the new sensor.

Goodluck with the other codes, wish I knew more. Do you hear an abnormal ticking noise coming from the engine?

proudtobeawesom
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
i dont have any ticking at all that i hear while im driving

thanks for the advice is there an advantage to that o2 sensor compared to one from autozone?

~kevin

talonXracer
06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
You over-reved the engine, a misshift probably. Lucky that there is no engine damage. P0129 can NOT come up for any other reason, and it will come on for each and every occurance. If you cleared the code last week and seen it again, then you need to stop your present shifting and relearn the steps to proper shifting.

frm_808
06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
How Much Did You Pay For The 02 Sensors?

DAMN THIS DUDE HAS AN AVATAR!:mtongue:

proudtobeawesom
06-09-2008, 01:14 PM
You over-reved the engine, a misshift probably. Lucky that there is no engine damage. P0129 can NOT come up for any other reason, and it will come on for each and every occurance. If you cleared the code last week and seen it again, then you need to stop your present shifting and relearn the steps to proper shifting.

like two weeks ago i misshifted into second instead of fourth :mfrown: dont ask lol so that coulda been it but i havent misshifted since then

thanks for the info talon

so that means everytime i misshift it will come on?

~kevin

4angrybadgers
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Every time you over-rev it will store that code. If you catch the misshift before it goes too high then it won't complain.