PDA

View Full Version : Installed DC Header today

MCeez02Si
11-16-2002, 09:00 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to tell ya that I installed my DC Header today. It took me 3 hrs which included quite a few smoke breaks. Also, I installed an AEM short ram intake. All done with basic tools.

Impressions: None yet. My baby only has 700mi so I didn't really notice any power difference except that the engine sounds like it's breathing easier. I still have the stock exhaust setup. I called some local exhaust shops around my area and asked if they could do custom piping between the cat and muffler. It was frustrating as they sounded like it was an extremely rare request. Most were like..."umm, I think we can do that". Others were like..."yeah, I think we could order some piping and bends and make one." I mean, it sounded as if they never do this stuff. Is our request that uncommon?

Anyways, can't wait until the engine breaks in a little. Bet I'll feel the gains soon. L8er

IceD out N CALI
11-16-2002, 09:13 PM
sounds good. keep calling till u get an exhaust shop that knows what they're doin

myeverlovinsir
11-17-2002, 12:19 PM
Just wondering if you had a chance to view the collector before
it went in? DC welds along the collector separator plate?

First off DC headers did not include these welds and am curious
to see their mods to the new collector. tks and congrats on the
install.

MCeez02Si
11-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Crap, I really don't remember the welds. I am going to take a guess and say that it didn't have them. If it didn't, is there any action I should take myeverlovingsir? I'll see if I have some time soon to check it out.

myeverlovinsir
11-17-2002, 04:21 PM
I spoke with a guy (mark) at DC to see what was up when
I needed to return my broken (first-off) header (collector).
I suggest you call DC and ask for mark. He mentioned about 2 weeks ago
the changes (mig welds) would be done to the new ones. So you
should be entiltled to at least that. Seeing as they have changed
their design in midstream. hththread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4273)

MCeez02Si
11-17-2002, 06:14 PM
I'm assuming that anyone who has purchased and received one already has the one with this flawed design. I will call Mark first thing in the morning tomorrow. Question: If the baffle hasn't loosened yet, do you think they'll still give me a new one? Also, they will send me a new one first before I have to take the current one off, right? Shit, it was a great experience doing it myself but it sucks I'll have to do it again.