PDA

View Full Version : Cant Shift into 4th

Silep3
06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
OK, my problem is i cant shift into 4th gear. i took a turn in 2nd and upshifted to slow down instead of breaking. goin into 3rd it was all rough and felt like something slipped in the shifter. and now i cant get into 4th, no half into the gear, nothing. its totally blocked off. i disconnected the trans sensor as advice from a friend, but i don wanna drive it without the sensor forever.. bc that didn do anything the first 5mins i drove it.. desperate? ha i sure am. any1 with ideas lemme kno please trans arent my thing.

Danman281
06-13-2008, 08:12 AM
OK, my problem is i cant shift into 4th gear. i took a turn in 2nd and upshifted to slow down instead of breaking. goin into 3rd it was all rough and felt like something slipped in the shifter. and now i cant get into 4th, no half into the gear, nothing. its totally blocked off. i disconnected the trans sensor as advice from a friend, but i don wanna drive it without the sensor forever.. bc that didn do anything the first 5mins i drove it.. desperate? ha i sure am. any1 with ideas lemme kno please trans arent my thing.

You took off the tranny sensor and then it worked all the sudden? When's the last time you changed your MTF?

Danman281
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
btw, are you able to get into 4th gear with the engine off?