PDA

View Full Version : anti theft tranny lock??

rusty#1
06-09-2008, 01:01 AM
hey guys i was wondering is there a way to lock our transmission so if thieves broke into our cars they cant roll it away to work on it just curious or something like that because, my friends turbo rsx just got broken into the other day he had an alarm from acura but who knows what happened to that they stole like 2,000 dollars worth of stuff including his laptop that manages his k-pro or something like that a camera some gauges and his valentine 1 and some other things he found his car like one block down the road. Im surprised they didn't take anything else like the car lol so is there a way to do that

thanks

frm_808
06-09-2008, 01:52 AM
if they want it man, there gonna get it no matter wat. they do have to trucks and it would seem perfectly normal to others

rusty#1
06-09-2008, 02:37 AM
yea i understand what your saying but its there anything i can do or make or buy lol so it would be hard to steal if they get past the alarm so they cant roll they car away do you guys of anything that can help prevent that or help in that situation.

talonXracer
06-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Only an automatic transmission would have any internal lock that could be set.

rusty#1
06-09-2008, 11:40 AM
damn that sucks for us lol

jjermzz
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
They sell some lock thing for your clutch/brake. Or you can make some thing. Leave it in gear, and lock the clutch.

4angrybadgers
06-09-2008, 04:52 PM
All it takes is a tow truck, and your tranny lock is pointless...

Stanz0r
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Best solution: Take the rims off and leave your car on blocks. Then they'll just break into it without moving the car.

v1c10us
06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
take a chain and lock the steering wheel full turned to the right to the gas pedal..
you cant press the gas and you cant turn the wheel..

jtyler05si
06-10-2008, 05:27 AM
well now that crazy ideas are out... leave sharp objects everywhere: broken glass in seat. pins sticking out of steering wheel....

thief cuts himself... you go csi on his ass do blood test... beat his ass and track your parts that he sold...

or you dont leave shit in your car that you dont want stolen, park it in ok places, and get a two way alarm system...

talonXracer
06-10-2008, 06:33 AM
take a chain and lock the steering wheel full turned to the right to the gas pedal..
you cant press the gas and you cant turn the wheel..

LOL,,,5 seconds with a sawzall or a pair of bolt cutters will cut right the steering wheel and you can remove the chain. I can remove a CLUB from a steering wheel useing the same technique.

RickyBobby
06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
You need a trunk monkey.

Too bad they only come with Chevys.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/geynA-JYDHE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/geynA-JYDHE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T_Virus
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Best solution: Take the rims off and leave your car on blocks. Then they'll just break into it without moving the car.

It would be hella funnie if they manage to bring donuts or any other old steelies to put it on the car and then try to steall it...:mbiggrin:

frm_808
06-10-2008, 11:39 PM
there is not a thing out there thats theft proof. atleast not that i know of. there are ways of slowing him down but not totally stopping him unless he decides you have way too much shiit for him to disengage to take your car. but then again theres that tow truck option

Stanz0r
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
well now that crazy ideas are out... leave sharp objects everywhere: broken glass in seat. pins sticking out of steering wheel....

thief cuts himself... you go csi on his ass do blood test... beat his ass and track your parts that he sold...

Better yet, leave used syringes everywhere and the latest "doctored" results of your HIV test.

rusty#1
06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
i have got an idea im going to buy a magnet alarm there is one with a cord and im gonna attach it to the door and when they open the door the magnet will separate from the speaker box and an alram will go off i could hide the speaker box anywhere in my car :mbiggrin: and then run outside with a bat lol

cantonep3
06-16-2008, 11:16 PM
i learned the bad people will always steal your stuff. Just get great insurance and dont worry.

shanewdude
06-17-2008, 03:47 AM
Sleep in your car. At least if they steal it with you inside, you'll know where it is.

devious05
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
put him in the back seat
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/radiusrecording/Angry_Rottweiler_01.jpg

15000rpms
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
if you have the time everyday, then get one of those wheel locks that the towing people use. They have those on ebay.

Robin786
06-19-2008, 04:37 PM
I think we may be wasting time putting all this stuff on our car and thieves still break in.

Unless you have a higher powered K engine revving about that potential thieves know about and your flaunting it, just leave it alone. The thing is the 02-05 EPs are not considered to be worthwhile in terms of theft, due to the fact the the parts aside from the engine and other items are made to be fit on it and only it. You are more likely to find RSX-S, 99-00 Civic Si, ITR and GSR stolen and stripped due to the fact that their base models RSX, LS GS RS, EX LX DX CX HX, can use these parts to turn them into more higher performing vehicles without having to buy one.

There may be a random theft here and there of the EP, but it all depends on what's on your car, and who you tell what's in it. Of course there is the random thief looking to make a quick buck. Just make sure there is nothing of value in sight, take your radio faceplate off, I have seen too many people leave them on there only to find sooner or later that it gets stolen. Its only a few seconds of your time, use it.

Be conscious of yourself, don't flaunt recklessly and obnoxiously, because that's all it takes for a potential crook to gain some interest in your car.

I may sound like a butt, but I stay away from car meets period. Too much haters out there sometimes who want to cause trouble rather than just freaking enjoy the gatherings of car enthusiasts who are passionate about their vehicles.

Don't get me wrong now, there are some good deterrents out there, but sometimes the best one is yourself.

soncep
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
They sell some lock thing for your clutch/brake. Or you can make some thing. Leave it in gear, and lock the clutch.

You don't need the clutch to pass from a gear to neutral. It's just rough if you are under heavy load because of the way the gears are cut, but stoped or coasting, you can pop it out freely.

I agree, if they want it, they will have it. Just get insurance and don't put your life savings in your car. It's just a car after all.

BlackEP9
07-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I may sound like a butt, but I stay away from car meets period. Too much haters out there sometimes who want to cause trouble rather than just freaking enjoy the gatherings of car enthusiasts who are passionate about their vehicles.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. If our cars are not really that useful to steal because the parts aren't easily sellable (except things like...wheels?) then logically the next bunch of people to have motives to steal your car or anything from it would be other drivers of like cars.

15000rpms
09-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Actually that makes a lot of sense. If our cars are not really that useful to steal because the parts aren't easily sellable (except things like...wheels?) then logically the next bunch of people to have motives to steal your car or anything from it would be other drivers of like cars.

Exactly. I was always thinking about that routine; when you try to get people to join ephatch.com and they don't want to, I'm thinking they could be potential theives, because here on ephatch.com it feels like a family. And because there weren't that many eps produce the family is closer than the
b-series family.

Also, there are only few eps in one location. If someone stole your rims, or body parts, the theives won't escape. Especially here in my state, ep owners are either stock, all show no go, or have the buddy club body kit with turbo, or all go and no show. I'm in the middle, show with go. I've only lost to a gsr eg hatch from 60-70, but if we go 80 and up I'll keep. And I've only lost to my friends 06 Altima SeR.

SiN05
09-01-2008, 09:42 AM
I think we may be wasting time putting all this stuff on our car and thieves still break in.

Unless you have a higher powered K engine revving about that potential thieves know about and your flaunting it, just leave it alone. The thing is the 02-05 EPs are not considered to be worthwhile in terms of theft, due to the fact the the parts aside from the engine and other items are made to be fit on it and only it. You are more likely to find RSX-S, 99-00 Civic Si, ITR and GSR stolen and stripped due to the fact that their base models RSX, LS GS RS, EX LX DX CX HX, can use these parts to turn them into more higher performing vehicles without having to buy one.

There may be a random theft here and there of the EP, but it all depends on what's on your car, and who you tell what's in it. Of course there is the random thief looking to make a quick buck. Just make sure there is nothing of value in sight, take your radio faceplate off, I have seen too many people leave them on there only to find sooner or later that it gets stolen. Its only a few seconds of your time, use it.

Be conscious of yourself, don't flaunt recklessly and obnoxiously, because that's all it takes for a potential crook to gain some interest in your car.

Don't get me wrong now, there are some good deterrents out there, but sometimes the best one is yourself.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Keep it low key as possible

liquid cooled
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Your friend shouldnt have left his laptop and camera in his car.