PDA

View Full Version : Tein Super Street

queasy
06-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Hi, just a simple question. In the official tein website it says that the option for my 2002 honda civic si is the Tein Flex type. But the Tein Super Street fits on the european type-r, guess jdm one as well. So the question is, would the Tein Super Street coilover kit fit my 02 civic si?

Edit: I've found a post containing information that I would need some modifications to fit the Tein Super Street into my car? What modifications would that be?

BlownSi05
06-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi, just a simple question. In the official tein website it says that the option for my 2002 honda civic si is the Tein Flex type. But the Tein Super Street fits on the european type-r, guess jdm one as well. So the question is, would the Tein Super Street coilover kit fit my 02 civic si?

Edit: I've found a post containing information that I would need some modifications to fit the Tein Super Street into my car? What modifications would that be?

if you buy the SuperStreet kit that is made for the ep3 then it will fit with no modification. you can buy the rsx superstreet kit and it will fit, but you need to get rsx tie rod ends and you have to make the hole larger in the back of the car where the strut comes through. simple mods and you get a stiffer spring rate out of the rsx kit. if you do stick with the superstreet i would recommend getting it with the pillowball upper mounts. it will make it much easier for alignments and adjustments in the front. i run the rsx Tein SSP on my car and love the hell out of it.

queasy
06-09-2008, 05:49 AM
I am definatly sticking with the super street ones if they fit( yes, they are built for the ep3 chasis). The super street WITH pillowball costs more than I can afford at the moment. But the guy in the shop I'm buying them told me I could just seperatly buy the pillowballs afterwards, so I thought it would be better for my case :)

Thanks for the short notice, BlownSi05 (thumbs up).

P.s. I am living in europe and there are currently only a few rsx's which are sold in parts, only one of which has the suspension in good condition and he is only selling the front suspension in one peace so... :(

mustclime
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
junk shocks imo....the tien mono flex is the cheapest tien I would get....and they only make those for the rsx.

if you are going to get tien ss, get the rsx ones....the ep3 tiens have 6k springs in the front and that is kinda soft imo

here is a thread I put togather on another fourm with the coilover spring rates....

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=564642

BlownSi05
06-09-2008, 09:57 AM
junk shocks imo....the tien mono flex is the cheapest tien I would get....and they only make those for the rsx.

if you are going to get tien ss, get the rsx ones....the ep3 tiens have 6k springs in the front and that is kinda soft imo

here is a thread I put togather on another fourm with the coilover spring rates....

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=564642

i was wondering when you would chime in...lol. i agree here, go with the rsx version. the rsx tie rod ends are cheap and worth the money for the stiffer spring rate.

mustclime
06-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Tien make "joe smoe" shocks for all the ricer want-a-bees and racing shocks. The basic, ss and flex are joe smoe coilovers....The mono flex's are the only ones I would consider owning. I think the buddy clubs are a better deal for the money....

FYI, the only reason to buy coilovers is if you are going to corner weight the car or if you are looking for a very percise ride hight.

If you are one of these "mad slammed" ep guys....pick up the megan tracks( for the rsx) because of their really stiff springs and flat steering arm.

queasy
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Well the Main reason I am buying the tein super street is because the shop owner is kind of a friend of mine and someone ordered the tein super street and decided they wanted something different, so I am getting it for 1250 dollars. And I have ridden a type-r with these tein ss. Worked great even after ~25k miles on them. I'm not going to the race track with my car, it is my daily driver: just want some better suspension than the stock one and some sporty 16 inch rims. If I would be racing my car, I bet I wouldn't count pennys and buy buddy clubs, I'd go custom made ones for 1.6 grant or some billstein ones:mrolleyes: