PDA

View Full Version : DIY fake Red H emblems?

WhiteComet
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Im not sure if anyone has tried this before, but has anyone tried to create their own front and rear red H?

I have heard of people going to decal places and cutting out a red Square that fits perfectly behind the Red H on our cars to make it look liek an emblem. I'm not sure how it's possible on our cars because of the grill in the front, but maybe in the back.

The reason i want a fake one is becasue I don't have to deal with ppl stealing them as much.

Let me know what you guys think.

ep_hatcher_510
06-09-2008, 01:37 PM
dont do it, it dont look right at all.

oogy-boogy
06-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Benmunger tried it back in the day. Results were ok.

civictype_r04
06-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Dont do it just buy the real deal.

WhiteComet
06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I have no problems buying the real ones if ppl are not going to gank them..

Does anyone have the pics of the fake ones?

bdooley
06-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Im not sure if anyone has tried this before, but has anyone tried to create their own front and rear red H?

I have heard of people going to decal places and cutting out a red Square that fits perfectly behind the Red H on our cars to make it look liek an emblem. I'm not sure how it's possible on our cars because of the grill in the front, but maybe in the back.

The reason i want a fake one is becasue I don't have to deal with ppl stealing them as much.

Let me know what you guys think.

i think it would look stupid just get the real emblems. spend the extra 67 or 64 bucks whatever it is

Danman281
06-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Its really not as bad as it seems. Just get the real emblems because I had mine installed a few months ago and its still there. Plus it looks really nice on NHB :)

bdooley
06-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Its really not as bad as it seems. Just get the real emblems because I had mine installed a few months ago and its still there. Plus it looks really nice on NHB :)

yo went somewhere to have your red h's installed??

MasterPD85
06-11-2008, 12:44 AM
I got the real ones for front and back for $42. It was on sale at this JDK store in Arizona (they have a website and are popular and JDM honda parts, forgot the yahoo address).

...anyways, they do fit on front and back because if you remove both emblems you will notice 2 holes (for front you need to remove the mount the emblem is attached to to see what im tlaking about) for the JDM red "H"s to attach to (the red h's have a strong tape back with 2 hooks sticking out).

Its real easy to do and damn well hard to remove imo. The entire backside is taped like glue. What i did is take a flat head screw driver and rip the back emblem off and then use a blade to clean the rape off. Then i cleaned it and slaped it on evenly and gently to get a good fit.

front was trinky but i was able to cut half the work by releasing the tabs for the bumper located above the radiator, removed the hendge for the hood and took a blunt tool to force the bumper forward so I could get a screw driver down their to release the front emblem.

I used the dirt and dust as a guild to put the hendge back so the hood could close like it should again :). Those red H's are the best thing I could of done for that car and it looks so nice matching my red Si's on my blue civic.

but seriously, fake red h's? I heard of vinal steering wheel H's but car emblems? :O

parkjehhyun
06-11-2008, 12:47 AM
the amount of effort you'd have to input plus the fact that it WON'T look as good is going to leave you unsettled.

mormonboy
06-11-2008, 02:49 AM
you fuckin cheap ass. if you want red emblems, go fuckin buy some. they dont even cost that much. jesus. people these days r just cheap as fuck.

oogy-boogy
06-11-2008, 04:49 AM
you fuckin cheap ass. if you want red emblems, go fuckin buy some. they dont even cost that much. jesus. people these days r just cheap as fuck.

Awww.....looks like you've been banned. :msmile:

Kodeen
06-11-2008, 07:03 AM
I think you guys are missing the point. This seems to be a case of 'just because' instead of the OP cheaping out. Take a whack at it, I'd be interested to see how they'd look with the raised H from our stock badges.

civicswapper
06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
someone on clubrsx did and it came out pretty good. Ill try to find the link it was the diy section.

shadowmd
06-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Awww.....looks like you've been banned. :msmile:

pwned!! ROFL.....

Ep3T0n3y
06-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I have no problems buying the real ones if ppl are not going to gank them..

Does anyone have the pics of the fake ones?

Fuck people. Who drives your car?
You.
If you wanna do it, fuck everyone else, they dont pay your car payment.
Try it out, if you like it... you saved yourself alot of money.

On a side note. The vinyl red H for the steering wheel is the same size as the rear H

But them from corsport, you get 2. on for the rear and one for the wheel. if you like it, you jst saved yourself $40

rburdios
06-11-2008, 09:15 AM
On a side note. The vinyl red H for the steering wheel is the same size as the rear H

does this mean a rear badge would fit our steering wheel if we could somehow pry it off

Canuck Civic
06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't try, in an accident when the air bag goes off that thing will fly and might kill you or hurt you badly.

WhiteComet
06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Fuck people. Who drives your car?
You.
If you wanna do it, fuck everyone else, they dont pay your car payment.
Try it out, if you like it... you saved yourself alot of money.

But them from corsport, you get 2. on for the rear and one for the wheel. if you like it, you jst saved yourself $40

By ganking I mean people stealing them. I already ordered the red H from Corsport. I may very well stick one in the back to try it. Will the RED H's ve durable in the rain and weather?

Draw7Seven
06-11-2008, 09:00 PM
By ganking I mean people stealing them. I already ordered the red H from Corsport. I may very well stick one in the back to try it. Will the RED H's ve durable in the rain and weather?

I would suppose that if you did a really good job not leaving any bubbles between the vinyl and the emblem, it wouldn't have any reason to move after a good first application. But maybe it could get too hot or cold or wet or dry and just not stand up to the elements. Only one way to find out, and either way you get one for your steering wheel.

ep3moschini
06-12-2008, 03:06 AM
:mcry: this thread wasted 5 min of my life

mikhsoj
06-12-2008, 03:37 AM
ive had people steal my emblems too, and it really pissed me off. so i used two ton strength resin based epoxy and its never been stolen since. :mcool:

on making your own, i would suggest u get some red gel like paint, kinda like that fabric gel u use to draw on clothes with, fill up the H and then get some clear over that. thats what id do. get some clear epoxy. hahaha... no but seriously. clear epoxy would do it...