PDA

View Full Version : KYB or Tokico D-specs??

gAd
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
trying to decide between these struts shocks:

KYB aprox $(400) or Tokico D-specs aprox $600??

paying $200 more for the D-specs are worth it?

ep_hatcher_510
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
D Specss :mcool:, i didnt know KYB made shocks for us.

bmyers4321
06-09-2008, 03:16 PM
yes it is worth it. i had kyb on my last car(ej1) and have the D-specs on my ep and they are much better.

EggShellSi
06-09-2008, 06:43 PM
D-Specs!!!! :mbiggrin:

Naw really i dont know, but from what ive seen on here some people swear by them.

EPSU3
06-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking of buying D-specs. although I have no idea how to tune them, guess and check? I have no idea what would be right. I just need to drive this thing to work.

MugsyTheGr8
06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
from what i understand the kyb gr2 are a stock replacement and thye also dont honor the warranty if they are used with lowering springs. i know alot of people with d-specs that are happy with them, but the type of adjustment they offer isnt best for track applications. for dd, the d-specs are fine though.

mustclime
06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
get rsx konis........:mwink:

Drew1d
06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I have KYB in the front, and D-specs in the rear. The KYB are like the D-Specs 5 turns out. (Maybe slightly firmer than stock, maybe)

But ultimately it depends on what you want. Is this a DD? Or for AutoX?

What springs are you using these with? Are they a higher spring rate than stock?

gAd
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I have KYB in the front, and D-specs in the rear. The KYB are like the D-Specs 5 turns out. (Maybe slightly firmer than stock, maybe)

But ultimately it depends on what you want. Is this a DD? Or for AutoX?

What springs are you using these with? Are they a higher spring rate than stock?

Yes, it is my DD, but i take it to the circuit track some times...

I have Eibach Sportline with 17" type r wheels...:confused:

dichotomous
06-11-2008, 12:02 PM
from what i understand the kyb gr2 are a stock replacement and thye also dont honor the warranty if they are used with lowering springs. i know alot of people with d-specs that are happy with them, but the type of adjustment they offer isnt best for track applications. for dd, the d-specs are fine though.

you have been mislead.... the gr-2 are not stock replacement, they are quite a bit beefier and have a nicely firm feel to them. The tokico blues they replaced were closer to stock than the gr-2's, and the gr2's have a thicker shaft and body and weigh at least a pound more per shock(this is good for me since I live in the land of potholes, beefy>light)

MugsyTheGr8
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
you have been mislead.... the gr-2 are not stock replacement, they are quite a bit beefier and have a nicely firm feel to them. The tokico blues they replaced were closer to stock than the gr-2's, and the gr2's have a thicker shaft and body and weigh at least a pound more per shock(this is good for me since I live in the land of potholes, beefy>light)

what about the lowering springs? how well do they hold up with something not too aggressive, like eibach pro-kit or eibach sportlines? i know the warranty doesn't cover it, but if they last 5 years or so it will be worth it.

dichotomous
06-11-2008, 12:58 PM
what about the lowering springs? how well do they hold up with something not too aggressive, like eibach pro-kit or eibach sportlines? i know the warranty doesn't cover it, but if they last 5 years or so it will be worth it.

I dont know, I'm taking my lowering springs, aka POS nuespeed carbreakeringasspathethicexcuseforsprings, off and putting rsx type s springs on.

I think people are thinking that if its not designed to be dropped it must be a stock replacement. that thinking is pretty narrow.

actually I just found out that 215/60 r15 tires fill the wheel well better than lowering and look better and ride better and are just better all around, but thats just me.

MugsyTheGr8
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I dont know, I'm taking my lowering springs, aka POS nuespeed carbreakeringasspathethicexcuseforsprings, off and putting rsx type s springs on.

I think people are thinking that if its not designed to be dropped it must be a stock replacement. that thinking is pretty narrow.

actually I just found out that 215/60 r15 tires fill the wheel well better than lowering and look better and ride better and are just better all around, but thats just me.

im not asking about dropped, im asking about stiffer spring rates. imo if it will blow out with a 20% stiffer spring, it might as well be a stock replacement.

dichotomous
06-11-2008, 01:22 PM
oh I doubt it will be a problem, they are noticably firmer than the blues and the blues were noticably firmer than the stocks.

MugsyTheGr8
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
oh I doubt it will be a problem, they are noticably firmer than the blues and the blues were noticably firmer than the stocks.

ok, i was just a little worried when i heard about the warranty