PDA

View Full Version : CTR 3rd Door, Does it fit our SI ?

jjermzz
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Does the actual hatch from a JDM Type-r fit on the USDM SI... I would like to know. Thanks fellas.

Windchaser
06-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Does the actual hatch from a JDM Type-r fit on the USDM SI... I would like to know. Thanks fellas.

Yes, except for the lock area. You have to swap the USDM lock actuator and motor over to the JDM hatch. I guess it has something to do with RHD.

BlkDeathSi
06-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Also the glass is different which is why the type r, mugen and buddy club wings do not fit without modification

Windchaser
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Also the glass is different which is why the type r, mugen and buddy club wings do not fit without modification

You normally cannot buy the glass with the hatch or at least I have not found a hatch that came with the glass part (except PasswordJDM had one a while back).

jjermzz
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
That was fast... But it bolts right up though, just change the lock thing up.

Windchaser
06-09-2008, 04:33 PM
But it bolts right up though, just change the lock up.

Yep, direct bolt on. Just swap all the panels over with the hatch release.

RedSiBaron
06-09-2008, 04:50 PM
there was one up on ebay that was the entire hatch, wing, everything

Chazwick05
06-09-2008, 06:46 PM
question: unless you're getting the jdm glass to fit an authentic jdm, mugen, buddy club wing, wouldn't it be pointless to buy the hatch?

jjermzz
06-09-2008, 06:51 PM
there was one up on ebay that was the entire hatch, wing, everything

Im planning to get that unless you do. :mwink:

b.r.i.a.n.
06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
i plan on getting one in the future. but i want to find one already painted milano red. i saw one on ebay not too long ago complete with glass for $400 plus shipping but it was champ white.

Princess
06-09-2008, 07:31 PM
WHY?

Is this the most pointless modification ever? Just so you can put a Genuine Mugen wing on it? If you put a CTR JDM wing on it I would laugh, because you would go through all that hassle and money and your car would end up looking exactly the same as if you left it stock with a HFP wing.

If you really want a JDM wing it can be modified to fit a lot easier than changing out the whole entire hatch. If you want a real CTR ep3 then buy one instead of trying to piece one together. I think once you get the hatch working properly not even ephatch members would notice that the hatch was JDM unless you told them that it was. Feel free to convince me otherwise but for now I have a question mark over my head.

:confused:

v1c10us
06-09-2008, 07:35 PM
it is sorta silly but some people get their heads wrapped around something and cant give it up.

trickkykidd.02
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
It isnt totally silly if you get the glass since the JDm one is factory tinted I believe....

there was one on the old forum b4 the nuclear meltdown.

RedSiBaron
06-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Im planning to get that unless you do. :mwink:

i cant afford, though if i wanted my father could go pick it up, its 5minutes from where he works...

it would require repainting...im planning on driving to their shop and being like "BLAM!!!! LOOK AT MAH EP!" and ill talk to them about getting me parts in the future, but ill also check out how much they want for engines :mwink:

WHY?

Is this the most pointless modification ever? Just so you can put a Genuine Mugen wing on it? If you put a CTR JDM wing on it I would laugh, because you would go through all that hassle and money and your car would end up looking exactly the same as if you left it stock with a HFP wing.

If you really want a JDM wing it can be modified to fit a lot easier than changing out the whole entire hatch. If you want a real CTR ep3 then buy one instead of trying to piece one together. I think once you get the hatch working properly not even ephatch members would notice that the hatch was JDM unless you told them that it was. Feel free to convince me otherwise but for now I have a question mark over my head.

:confused:

yah i modified my ctr wing and it was so easy, about an hour worth of work and it was mounted

though guys if hes looking at the same hatch i saw the price is less than an hfp for the whole hatch and wing and everything...

thisisagame24
06-09-2008, 08:10 PM
never seen this mod done......but it does seem a bit exessive

b.r.i.a.n.
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
i would think it's worth it for those painting their car champ white or milano red. if you were to find a hatch with the wing on it already you'd save yourself the hassle of painting your stock hatch.

jjermzz
06-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Well shipping is $150 plus paint. If it was black forgetaboutit, that equals out to be more than a HFP wing. Its not a jdm factor thing for me. More like back up, in case something happen to my car. I don't have full coverage. I'd like to get these SSR for my NHBP.But their ~1200

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-1408381693991_2006_7764698