PDA

View Full Version : Mugen SS v D Specs- Need Your Opinion Now....

56chevydan
06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I've got an '03 that is street driven only. I'm going to order either Mugen SS coilovers or Tokico D Spec shocks and use them with my Eibach sportline springs. I'm going to order by Wed. of this week, so I need your opinion NOW!

Keep in mind I'm looking for a comfortable ride- not a rigid bumpy ride.

I like the D Specs because of the good reputation here on the forum but am not crazy about the adjustment necessary with them to dial them in.

I like Mugen because of it's reputation here also, but am not sure of their ride quality?? I do like the fact that Mugen designed the steering arm on their coilovers to flatten out the tie rods on the EP rack when a car is lowered.

Price wise we're talking D Specs at $550.00 shipped and Mugan at $1200.00 shipped. Are the Mugen worth the extra money in the long run??

RTE117
06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
The 'performance' difference, if any, is negligible unless you are a seasoned veteran on the track IMO.

That being said, I'd go with D specs as long as they are a proven product for these cars.

Don't be a ric.. I mean JDM fan boy and pay more for less.

:thumb:

ep_hatcher_510
06-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I'd go for the cheapest setup if is for a DD, so D specs.

MugsyTheGr8
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
mugen hands down is the better suspension, but the dspecs + springs isnt bad. since you wont be using the car for competition, go with whatever you comfortable with.

!@#$%
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
As far as overall better suspension, I'm not sure if one can make a clear answer.

For a DD, spend extra and get the Mugen.

simcivic08
06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
i had full coilover with adjustable damper and i wasn't using it... now i'm on mugen ss and i love it. the spring and shock duo is made to work togeter while you could have trouble adjusting the d-spec damping to match your spring rate. but if you have a shock dyno you can use, go for the d-spec. if not, go for the mugen SS

56chevydan
06-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else??