PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Rusted?

xXxMLEExXx
06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Anyone has the issue? The metal lining on the glass is rusting?

az-epdrvr
06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
nope , sorry

xXxMLEExXx
06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Maybe this is an isolated incident. I find it odd it would rust prematurely.

It happened on an 02.

lostep3
06-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I was going to start this tread, because I have an 02 with like 35,000 miles and my sunroof frame is rusted. I have a beater Accord with 180,000k and the sunroof is fine. This must be a defect:mcry:

jtyler05si
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
all is good here.....40k miles

civictype_r04
06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
That sucks man mine is still good knock on wood.

xXxMLEExXx
06-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I was going to start this tread, because I have an 02 with like 35,000 miles and my sunroof frame is rusted. I have a beater Accord with 180,000k and the sunroof is fine. This must be a defect:mcry:

I knew there might someone out there that had the same issue.
I wonder if there is anymore. I even went to buy a new glass to replace
the rusted one. Too lazy to put it on, now it's just sitting there.

Draw7Seven
06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
+1, same problem. I just sort of ignore it :(

Princess
06-11-2008, 03:02 AM
JDM ep3 CTRs don't have sunroofs. Sunroof delete FTW.

RedSiBaron
06-11-2008, 07:07 AM
alright, there was a thread before the great flood, but that cant be helped now

honda gave us a rust warrenty on the car, its somethin like 7years 60k miles or somethin, i have no clue, dont quote me on that, but goto your honda dealer and ask them about it...there should be no reason for sunroof rust IMO, my 86si has 365k on it with an old beat up sunroof gasket and it has ZERO RUST, well, in the sunroof :mangel:

if you need a quick fix, sand it as well as you can and go buy a good rust neutralizer that will chemically neutrallize the remaining rust, and then either shoot over it with some rustoleum or use touchup paint...

...id buy the rust neutralizer anyway and jack the car up, pull the wheels and go around the entire car painting hte stuff on every SPECK of rust you can find, and do that atleast once a year if not every 6 months...

...keep away the cancer while you can, cuz once it gets bad your screwed and it will require major surgery to stop it :mfrown:

jtyler05si
06-11-2008, 07:49 AM
alright, there was a thread before the great flood, but that cant be helped now

honda gave us a rust warrenty on the car, its somethin like 7years 60k miles or somethin, i have no clue, dont quote me on that, but goto your honda dealer and ask them about it...there should be no reason for sunroof rust IMO, my 86si has 365k on it with an old beat up sunroof gasket and it has ZERO RUST, well, in the sunroof :mangel:

if you need a quick fix, sand it as well as you can and go buy a good rust neutralizer that will chemically neutrallize the remaining rust, and then either shoot over it with some rustoleum or use touchup paint...

...id buy the rust neutralizer anyway and jack the car up, pull the wheels and go around the entire car painting hte stuff on every SPECK of rust you can find, and do that atleast once a year if not every 6 months...

...keep away the cancer while you can, cuz once it gets bad your screwed and it will require major surgery to stop it :mfrown:

awesome...:nerd:

lordofthesiths
06-11-2008, 08:50 AM
yeah i've got the same proplem.
it's covered under the original bumper to bumper warranty.
i bought mine used with the honda used car warreaty and it's not covered. the warranty they give for a used car is a bumper to bumper but for mechanical stuff only. oh well.

RedSiBaron
06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah i've got the same proplem.
it's covered under the original bumper to bumper warranty.
i bought mine used with the honda used car warreaty and it's not covered. the warranty they give for a used car is a bumper to bumper but for mechanical stuff only. oh well.

my certified warrenty was true bumper to bumper 7 years/57k i think...i have a drivetrain warrenty to 75k i believe...

the rust warrenty is through honda and should be on the car regardless of purchase history i believe, unless the rust is linked to damage...

...im going off of memory here, so this info is not 100%

xXxMLEExXx
06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I didn't discover the rust until after the bumper to bumper warranty was over.
I did buy a new sunroof for the car, but shortly the car was traded in.

So, if anyone is interested in honda sunroof, lemme know.
Sorry, not free but a good price.