PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed X brace

DocofMind
11-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Well, a couple of guys and including myself picked up one of these things on Friday. Installed in a matter of minutes but i highly suggest you use a lift. The 4 bolts that you need to remove are the same four bolts that hold the front sub frame connector on. You will need something to hold it up as you remove the bolts.

I also advise you to use locktite on the threads before you re install the bolts.

Overall, i am very pleased with the product. I fist learned about X braces with my S2000. I have a Spoon on that car. While that one is of a far better fabrication, this one does the job just as well. Gives the front a more solid feel and is truly a piece that honda should have added from the start.

A def must have :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p0582a3e52721b8cda97cac79b1097bef/fd0a7943.jpg

K20NutBucket
11-17-2002, 03:21 PM
if you dont mine me asking how much did you pay for it and where did you get it??

Suk02Si
11-17-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanks DocofMind, I installed mine the same night I installed the my springs. It went on quick n' easy; nice product.

DocofMind
11-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
Thanks DocofMind, I installed mine the same night I installed the my springs. It went on quick n' easy; nice product.

Glad you were able to get it on. I hope your hub assembly didnt give you too much of a headache. After you left my shop, i spoke with Eman and he told me he encountered the same problem you had when he was installing his springs. Hope you were able to escape trouble :)

K20NutBucket, they go for something around 165 plus shipping. Check with the board sponsors, if they cant help you, let me know. I can always source one for you.

todaCspec
11-19-2002, 06:21 AM
does it get in the way of the oil filter? i remeber some people saying that it did w/ the s2000. they would have to remove the brace, in order to do an oil change.

does it give enough ground clearance? is it flush or does it hang a little bit lower?

DocofMind
11-19-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by todaCspec
does it get in the way of the oil filter? i remeber some people saying that it did w/ the s2000. they would have to remove the brace, in order to do an oil change.

does it give enough ground clearance? is it flush or does it hang a little bit lower?

It hangs just a tad lower but not by much. If anything is going to hit this, its probably better that you have it tthan if you dont. This will def save you if you bottom out.

The problem is not with the oil filter its with the drain plug, the oil pours right over it. This one is designed to not have any problems with the draining oil like the Spoon piece does.

Funny though, i just changed my oil about 20 minutes ago in my s2k with teh spoon bar and its really not a big deal. You just clean a little oil off the bar when your done.

MugenR
11-20-2002, 01:59 PM
My brother has a Spoon X-brace on his S2000, and it made a big improvement.
Once I get my Teins I am going to get one of these.
Drew

Feng
11-20-2002, 09:04 PM
if you have a s2000, why did get a si?...only if i had a s2000...

02blksi
11-21-2002, 03:29 PM
"if you have a s2000, why did get a si?...only if i had a s2000..."

WINTER CAR!

haha -- Joe :)

DocofMind
11-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
"if you have a s2000, why did get a si?...only if i had a s2000..."

WINTER CAR!

haha -- Joe :)

Thats exactly right, i use the S2000 to plow through the snow :p

Actually got the EP as another project car. More toys to play with

MoodySi
11-22-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by DocofMind

Thats exactly right, i use the S2000 to plow through the snow :p

Actually got the EP as another project car. More toys to play with

What shop do you work at? I might hit you up to get one of those bars.

DocofMind
11-22-2002, 11:04 AM
I own a small shop in So Cali wher ei manufacture performance brake components. Your welcome to hit me up any time, i ll see what i can do for you.