PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Acidburn
11-17-2002, 02:24 PM
I have a black Si - and lemme tell you, its a F*ckin B*tch to clean. Anyway, I've been tryin to get rid of all these watermarks, is there something I can use that'll make my life easier? Also, do you guys have any tips on cleaning black cars and watermarks? Does wax get rid of all that Sh*t? Thanks.:mad:

ssvr6
11-17-2002, 06:51 PM
It helps. You have to be on top of the car care every day or so depending on where you live.

It's really tough.

Steve

DynaSpeed
11-18-2002, 06:53 AM
watermarks? as in the dirt residue after a waterdrop dries? Do you have a California CarDuster? That usually does the trick. And Meguires QuikDetailer.

team ERA 5
12-05-2002, 10:00 PM
YEA dooooode black cars are a bitch to clean cuz MY BRO HAS A BLACK 02 COUPE AND im just watching him trin to get rid of the water spots FUNNNNY ISH....i was gonna get a black SI until I THOUGHT OF HIM SO I got the usual SILVER........CLEANING BLACK CARS IS A BITCH >>>I KNO FROM X-PERIENCE

rick77f
12-31-2002, 12:29 PM
Wash it in the shade. I had an 82 Jaguar XJ-S, it was black. I had to wash it almost everyday. Get some zaino, or klasse. Use a car specific soap everytime. Dish soap takes off wax. It's black it's beautiful and it's a bitch.

sicivic2002
12-31-2002, 12:43 PM
Use the quik detailer after the car dries. Or after you've dried it. Works very well.

matrix
12-31-2002, 12:51 PM
Black cars are very hard to keep clean, but when they are clean...look out, they look awesome :).

On my black S2000 I do the following:

1 - Wash
2 - Wipe with a Caliwiper blade
3 - Blow all the remaining water off with a leafblower (yes, my neighbours think I am nuts, but this does a great job and blows all the water out of all the spots you can't get to...try it ;))
4 - Zaino Z6 (quick detailer)

If you already have water spots that do not come out with a regular wash, try 3M swirl remover for DARK cars. You will need to rewax after.

Here is a shot of my S2000, you decide if I am doing it right :).

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ferrari.f1/Just_washed_front_hood.jpg

HondaMan
12-31-2002, 01:02 PM
Yeah,
They are a bitch to keep clean!

Use jaydub's multi-step wax process:
1) Clay Bar
2) 3M Swirl Mark Remover (for dark cars) - this will help your swirl marks or water spots IMMENSELY
3) Klasse All-In-One
4) Klasse Sealer Glaze
5) Blitz One Grand Carnuba

I just did this process last week and it turned out awesome! Also, use Eagle Wet or other quick detailer products after washing your car every time. I will be washing my (damn) black EP tomorrow! Provided I don't have a huge hang-over!!! ;)

BTW, matrix with 3 Hondas is the real HondaMan! :cool:

IceD out N CALI
01-02-2003, 05:30 PM
wash it in the shade and in the cooler part of the day. you'll have water marks galore if u wash your car in the sun. also keep it waxed regularly

Suk02Si
01-05-2003, 04:40 AM
that S2000 is sexy:D more pics?

matrix
01-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
that S2000 is sexy:D more pics?

Thanks, here are a couple of my favorite pics...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ferrari.f1/Brat_on_the_Bridge.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ferrari.f1/Brat_Headligts.jpg