PDA

View Full Version : NRG Innovations Racing Seats Anyone?

mikhsoj
06-11-2008, 03:35 AM
My project is still underway, and im wondering if anyone here has had any experience with NRG Innovation Seats.

They look great and the price is fantastic, a little TOO fantastic. Its making me worry about quality and material durability.

So has anyone had these? or seen these in real life applications?http://www.getnrg.com/products/large/nrg_RSC-200.jpg
http://www.getnrg.com/products/large/nrg_RSC-200-3.jpg

jtyler05si
06-11-2008, 05:33 AM
pics no worky

Civicvtec1ps
06-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Yes, they are reallly garbage in real life.

I've sat on them. Keep stock seats if you are about to purchase those.
Because saving money on safety equipment is nono.

mikhsoj
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, they are reallly garbage in real life.

I've sat on them. Keep stock seats if you are about to purchase those.
Because saving money on safety equipment is nono.

thanks. i think ill save up for some sparcos.

4angrybadgers
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I have an NRG Recaro replica in the passenger location. The previous owner installed it, so I have no idea how much use he put on it; I don't have passengers most of the time, but so far it's held up fine (including some very large guys, think 6'4", 300-ish lbs.). I have noticed that the back wiggles/bounces a lot more than stock seats from bumps in the road.

In summary, it's not a horrible seat, but if you can afford something better, get something better.

mikhsoj
06-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I have an NRG Recaro replica in the passenger location. The previous owner installed it, so I have no idea how much use he put on it; I don't have passengers most of the time, but so far it's held up fine (including some very large guys, think 6'4", 300-ish lbs.). I have noticed that the back wiggles/bounces a lot more than stock seats from bumps in the road.

In summary, it's not a horrible seat, but if you can afford something better, get something better.

thanks for the info! im trying to build up my car on a serious budget but i guess i cant skimp on some things...

maybe next time sparco holds a clearance sale...

Draw7Seven
06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
thanks for the info! im trying to build up my car on a serious budget but i guess i cant skimp on some things...

maybe next time sparco holds a clearance sale...

I can totally understand the idea of building on a budget, but I'd agree with the guy who earlier said that this is THE most important type of gear not to go cheap on. Pay a lot of money for the pieces that are all of the sudden going to be critical when/if anything unexpected happens. Tires, engines, even entire cars-- all can be replaced. You? Not so much.

socal_brandon2
06-11-2008, 09:09 PM
+1 vouching for the crappy quality of these (though they are purty)

rolldic
06-12-2008, 01:17 AM
screw that man, if youre gonna buy a seat, put some good investment into that, IMO. put it this way, when you bought your bed, did you just buy some cardboard or did you buy a mattress that was comfortable? remember, the seat is one of the main factors in car comfort, also a good seat makes driving fun!

mikhsoj
06-12-2008, 03:52 AM
screw that man, if youre gonna buy a seat, put some good investment into that, IMO. put it this way, when you bought your bed, did you just buy some cardboard or did you buy a mattress that was comfortable? remember, the seat is one of the main factors in car comfort, also a good seat makes driving fun!

yeah. good seats that hug you makes the quick corners easy. too bad some fugger stole my integra type-r seats from my 98 hatch... fuggers i say fuggers. id kill them if i found out who they were.