PDA

View Full Version : total noob. please help! trying to get new speakers

mikhsoj
06-11-2008, 06:55 AM
im a total and complete newb when it comes to audio equipment for cars. i dont even really know how an amp is supposed to hook up and what it does! (i just know it makes stuff louder)

anyways, im trying to upgrade my stock speakers from my 97 hatch and getting something inexpensive and decent. im working on a very tight budget to get this car modded up so im not looking for anything crazy. just need 2 front speakers, 2 back speakers and a decent head unit. im not even looking for a sub. Anything you guys would recommend?

jtyler05si
06-11-2008, 07:56 AM
on your 97 hatch or an EP?

mikhsoj
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
on your 97 hatch or an EP?

97 hatch.

Draw7Seven
06-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Even if you never buy anything from these guys (they take pride in their work and prove it at the checkout screen), here's your new favorite website.

www.crutchfield.com

Tell them what you drive, they'll tell you what fits and what you need to make it work, and then you can shop somewhere ELSE for the stuff they suggest. As far as opinions go, bring a few of your options to ephatch after doing some research, and ask us what we think about the choices you're making before you spend too much money on something not worth it :mwink:

Edit: DO NOT BUY FROM CRUTCHFIELD ON A BUDGET. Use it as a research site only.

benkieboy
06-11-2008, 03:47 PM
try
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

they have great prices

SiN05
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Even if you never buy anything from these guys (they take pride in their work and prove it at the checkout screen), here's your new favorite website.

www.crutchfield.com

Tell them what you drive, they'll tell you what fits and what you need to make it work, and then you can shop somewhere ELSE for the stuff they suggest. As far as opinions go, bring a few of your options to ephatch after doing some research, and ask us what we think about the choices you're making before you spend too much money on something not worth it :mwink:

Edit: DO NOT BUY FROM CRUTCHFIELD ON A BUDGET. Use it as a research site only.

couldn't have said it better myself. crutchfield is a great place to start

EP3driver
06-19-2008, 02:57 PM
couldn't have said it better myself. crutchfield is a great place to start

Even Ebay is a good place to look.

03Si757
06-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Even Ebay is a good place to look.

Ya, just check out the eBay vendors. There alot more reliable and are basically websites on ebay lol.