PDA

View Full Version : Help...Somethings binding on my swap

clizoman
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Threw the Frank motor in. Wont start. Flywheel wont even turn over. I was able to turn the crank over when the motor was out, the trans was fine too. The starter just made a huge one click. We tried push starting it. The when i released the clutch the car came to a complete stop.

Things i have already checked
- Starter
- Shifter Cables
- I tried turning the crank over with the crank pulley removal tool with the trans intact and it would NOT turn over.

Only thing i can think its the clutch and flywheel. suggestions??

talonXracer
06-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Remove the starter, I think that it may be jammed. Also was the engine turned over after the clutch was installed? You didnt use a pressure plate bolt that was too long?

If the car can be pushed with the clutch pushed in and then it stops when let out, then the clutch is fine.

Does the starter make any noises now?

clizoman
06-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Remove the starter, I think that it may be jammed. Also was the engine turned over after the clutch was installed? You didnt use a pressure plate bolt that was too long?

If the car can be pushed with the clutch pushed in and then it stops when let out, then the clutch is fine.

Does the starter make any noises now?

checked the starter. its fine. motor was turned over fine after clutch was installled. imma pull the motor again this weekend and post pics.

Mickey
06-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Let me know if you need some A3 parts to complete your swap.
You are supposed to pick up my a3 motor.

dichotomous
06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I really dont want to ask the obvious, but is the battery good? how about the fuses and wires throughout?

davisj3537
06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure if I have ever even heard of anything like this...you turned it over before adding the tranny/clutch...It rolls fine when pushing in the clutch. I have to say its something with the starter locking up but if you already checked it I'm stumped sir:ballchain:

clizoman
06-15-2008, 03:06 AM
I'm not sure if I have ever even heard of anything like this...you turned it over before adding the tranny/clutch...It rolls fine when pushing in the clutch. I have to say its something with the starter locking up but if you already checked it I'm stumped sir:ballchain:

starter is all good, battery charged, all fuses are a go. i dont know. i dont feel like pulling it out again..thats another 2-3 hrs of waste of a my time lool

MR.Pizza
06-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Check your timing,

koftaboy
06-25-2008, 01:46 AM
hey, my friend has a 99 Acura LS. He just got new headers and he's haveing a problem with the oxygen sensor its turning on the engine light on is there a way to bypass it or fix that problem???

thankx guys

Civic5lug
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
hey, my friend has a 99 Acura LS. He just got new headers and he's haveing a problem with the oxygen sensor its turning on the engine light on is there a way to bypass it or fix that problem???

thankx guys

MOST random post evar!

try using the spark plug defouler trick

slo_k20
06-26-2008, 06:37 PM
haha thread jack much?

biga2442
06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
slave cylinder? maybe

v1c10us
06-26-2008, 10:13 PM
you said its a frank, what exactly is frank about it, and did you mess with anything other than the head?
you made marks on the timing chain and notated the position of the cams I'm assuming, if not, you may have something messed up as pizza boy said, causing your valves to be shut on intake and exhaust strokes and open on combustion and power strokes.