PDA

View Full Version : Dcrh Help!!!

j0000stin
06-11-2008, 08:49 PM
so i installed my dcrh yesterday and my cel went on! i know this happens a lot but i made the defouler did everything the way it should go except there were a couple problems

1.one of the o2 plugs broke but it still works fine and seems intact

2.there were only 2 bolts connecting the dcrh to the midpipe and they were barely holding on and i lost a bolt but i switched them out today for longer ones and had 3 this time which got rid of the cel for a couple min. then BAM! it went on again

and 3 out of the 5 bolts holding the header in place i only have 4

so i wondering how can i get rid of the cel. im having honda put in my front sway(because when it was installed it wasnt bolted before the header) and replacing the missing bolt on the header should this help if not can the dealership get rid of the cel???:help::help::help:

skoundrelusa
06-12-2008, 06:50 AM
K-Pro? lol

dofu2
06-12-2008, 06:54 AM
I don't quite understand what you are talking about with the 2-3 bolts, etc... do you have them all in right now? Or are you still missing a bolt? If you find out what the code is, more people can help you better...

Kodeen
06-12-2008, 09:39 AM
What is the CEL code?

STP03BlueSI
06-12-2008, 10:54 AM
K-Pro? lol

+1:usa2:

dichotomous
06-12-2008, 01:39 PM
first, install all the damn bolts.
second, you broke the O2 sensor, buy a new one
third, take your time and make sure everything is peachy before moving on to the next step, all bolts in place, alignment is right, torque is set for the bolts, everything has anti-sieze on it, everything has been wiped off of crude and gunk before and after installing, it looks right.....
fourth, after its installed CORRECTLY and you have a new O2 sensor, pull the battery for a couple minutes, do an idle relearn, drive around gently for a bit, let it cool down, check the torque on the bolts and make sure everything still looks right and there isnt black marks around the connectors.
fifth, report back after step four

j0000stin
06-12-2008, 05:54 PM
what i meant was all bolts are in place but there is a head bolt missing from the header to the motor and at the time there was also a bolt missing from the midpipe to the dcrh and i know my o2 sensors arent fried because what my problem is...my cel goes on and off could it be because of the missing bolt to the headers??

superchargedk20
06-12-2008, 08:15 PM
did ur CEL go on right away? i just installed my BCRH today and dont have a CEL yet. but i duno if it will stay off

j0000stin
06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
did ur CEL go on right away? i just installed my BCRH today and dont have a CEL yet. but i duno if it will stay off

naw i let it do an idle relearn for a couple of mins then it flashed on... but there were a few problems
1)there were only 2 bolts holding the dcrh to the mid pipe instead of 3
2)there was a head bolt missing
and 3)one of the o2 sensors MIGHT be broken

but i bought new bolts to connect the midpipe to the headers and when i bolted them on the cel went away then came right back again later that day

but today i made a sharp turn and it went away? so im thinking it might be the missing
bolt to the motor since the o2 sensor seems fine

if that made any sense haha

superchargedk20
06-14-2008, 12:32 AM
u fix ur CEL? mine turned on today. o2 sim ftl. gona need kpro to pass emissions now. ugh more $$$

shelbz
06-14-2008, 01:01 AM
i have the dcrh also.. had it for almost 3 years now i guess.
my CEL came on almost immediately.. obviously since we don't have a cat now..

i got a defouler too, butttt the defouler isnt guaranteed to work.. for some it does, but for me it didn't. whenever i reset my ECU the light just comes back on in about 10km.

trogdor48430
06-14-2008, 08:28 AM
i have a dcrh also i just have a brookway racemontor so when it comes on i can just turn it back of till i can afford k-pro, but the cel only turns on maybe once or twice a week

superchargedk20
06-14-2008, 08:32 AM
weirdest thing guys. my CEL came on yesterday, so i figured the o2 sim didnt work. but then today on my way to work the CEL turned off. weird

j0000stin
06-15-2008, 09:58 AM
weirdest thing guys. my CEL came on yesterday, so i figured the o2 sim didnt work. but then today on my way to work the CEL turned off. weird

dude you dont have to post this in multiple threads i replied to it in a previous one

k20z1
06-15-2008, 11:58 AM
get kpro i will be gone for life