PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

pjnoto
06-11-2008, 10:27 PM
I was thinking of buying lowering springs for my ep but i dont feel like throwing in the extra cash for upgrading the shocks which is what i know i really should do. Has neone used lowering springs without upgrading the shocks. If so how does it work. Does it handle better or worse? Also when i buy my springs which ones would be the best bet. I notice some look like the back sags more than the front. Which ones dont do this!. a little guidance would be awesome.. thanks guys

silver hatch
06-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Either eibach pro kit, sportline, or tein s tech would probably be the best springs to get with stock shocks. Anything lower that 1-1/2" will kill the shocks/struts too fast. Yeah, it's best to match them with good dampers because the ride becomes a little harsh and you're shortening the life of the stock ones, but I know it's hard to be patient when everyone's telling you to "drop that bitch!" lol. Eventually all dampers need to be replaced, so just research a little and do what you want, and not what everyone tells you to do.

shanewdude
06-12-2008, 04:49 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45981&highlight=lowering+car

Just one thread related to you question that I found using the SEARCH button at the top of the page.