PDA

View Full Version : DIY Request: Fuse Box Relocation

Da90Ls
06-12-2008, 05:24 AM
I seen a couple bay pics and some ppl had the fuse box relocated to somewhere. Does anyone have a DIY for that? I would greatly appreciate it.

The engine bay looks too cluttered for me.

chubbychu
06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
do you mean, MOVED to like the trunk or something? or just relocated to somewhere in the engine bay?

You can move the fuse box back into the cavity above the transmission if you have an aftermarket intake. but thats about it.

Da90Ls
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I used to have a 90 Integra and when they relocated it they moved it inside the car behind the heater core. I thought this was the same way.

chubbychu
06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh i see.

I'm sure you could extend the writing, or kinda like how you relocate the battery to the trunk.

You should try it, and let us know how it goes.

Da90Ls
06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Heh I just bought this thing last month. Imma get some enjoyment out of it before I create a wiring problem. But probably this fall when it gets cool enough outside so I can lay in the car for long periods of time I will do this and take plenty of pics for the write-up.

chuck83
06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
wish i never moved mine. i had to because of the injen intake i got. the bracket they supply is a piece of shit and the tabs on the fusebox have since snapped off :mcry:

phill
06-12-2008, 08:30 PM
wish i never moved mine. i had to because of the injen intake i got. the bracket they supply is a piece of shit and the tabs on the fusebox have since snapped off :mcry:

x2

but i still got one tab, so it just hangs off alittle

chubbychu
06-12-2008, 09:08 PM
i made new tabs. woot!

ep-unit
02-02-2011, 12:35 AM
bring this back...looking for places on where to relocate my fuse box

thakid
02-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Im going to be putting mine in the glove box.

ep-unit
02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
got pics, anybody else has suggestions

AKAahlecks
05-04-2011, 02:39 AM
i also want to relocate mine towards the empty space above the transmission. anyone got a write up? if not i might have a go at it tomorrow after work to see what can be done

talonXracer
05-04-2011, 05:34 AM
I have yet to see a underhood fusebox that had been moved and had the wires extended, not have electrical/electronic gremlins afterwards. VERY few individuals have the proper skills and equipment to pull it off. I got pulled into repairing a tuck job one time, I have since refused to even take a look at any electrical problems if any tuck has been attempted without the owner leaving a signed check that has no $$$ amount added.

AKAahlecks
05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I have yet to see a underhood fusebox that had been moved and had the wires extended, not have electrical/electronic gremlins afterwards. VERY few individuals have the proper skills and equipment to pull it off. I got pulled into repairing a tuck job one time, I have since refused to even take a look at any electrical problems if any tuck has been attempted without the owner leaving a signed check that has no $$$ amount added.

ooohh dang.. that bad? so i guess its somewhat hopeless as a diy then, huh

talonXracer
05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
It is just so easy to screw up, or have a bad solder joint that ends up buried. If you have the proper skills and equipment and components then it is not any more difficult than any other wiring job. And you cant expect to go to Auto-Zone and get the quality wire, solder and tools needed.

Now you can remove the covering and tape from over the wires and rearrange them so that the fusebox can be moved within certain limits certainly. The old Injen cai had to have the fusebox moved. I have also found that the battery to fusebox harness from the RSX works as well for gaining even more freedom as it enters the fusebox from the opposite direction(what i am currently using, pic in signature).

skoolnu
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I wire police cars for a living... if your going to start cutting and extending wires under the hood, do not skimp. Spend the money on the good stuff... Wire, solder, and heat shrink. Get the heat shrink that has sealant in it. for under the hood, and outside the car for that matter, stay away from butt connectors, unless they are the real nice ones that shrink and seal. but i would solder and heat shrink every cut... or if your really good, repin and wire it all to length, but that can become overwhelming very quick.

AKAahlecks
05-04-2011, 05:58 PM
aha thanks for the input but i suppose "relocating" wasnt the greatest term to use. "move" is more like it. cause i kept the wiring as it was and just moved it to the left of the original location and its sitting on its side

EDIT: i dont even know why i wanted to do it to be honest. i feel like ima put it back. lol i just wanna do something with my car :mangel:

ginger
07-02-2011, 07:46 AM
i moved mine to the drivers side bumper well... i only had to cut 3 grounds and move a couple ground bolts. and then rearrange a couple more. ive been driving it for 8 months no problems... it can be done with the right will power. i also re located my battery to the passenger side bumper like 2 years ago with some 1" angle iron. and a welder and 4 gauge wire. ill post pics when i get home from deployment...