PDA

View Full Version : Weekend project..

STP03BlueSI
06-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I am gonna be finally doing my front brakes and Stud.:mangel:

Looking at this image it looks like I can remove the stud with no problem or am I still gonna have to have the hub pressed?
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0758.jpg

I am a 4luger.

Windchaser
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
good luck LOL because you will need it without a press :mconfused:

STP03BlueSI
06-12-2008, 11:01 AM
good luck LOL because you will need it without a press :mconfused:

I have been 3 stud spinnin for over a year.:mangel::shocked::faint:

Windchaser
06-12-2008, 11:03 AM
URA crazy

civictype_r04
06-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I have replaced three studs on my car with a hammer, socket, wrachet, and a lug nut. First you remove the rotor and caliper including the caliper bracket. Second bend dust/heat sheild back. Then spin the hub so the broken stud is where the caliper was. Now get your hammer an hit the stud it will pop out install the new stud. Put about three washers on the stud and put you lug nut on put the socket on and tighten the lug nut up till the stud seat its self. Now put everything back together and dont forget to bend the dust/heat sheild back.

talonXracer
06-12-2008, 01:48 PM
^^^basically that^^^

sLiCk
06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
ya no need for a press. hammer the old one out and pull the new one through with a few washers and a nut.

STP03BlueSI
06-13-2008, 04:15 AM
I have replaced three studs on my car with a hammer, socket, wrachet, and a lug nut. First you remove the rotor and caliper including the caliper bracket. Second bend dust/heat sheild back. Then spin the hub so the broken stud is where the caliper was. Now get your hammer an hit the stud it will pop out install the new stud. Put about three washers on the stud and put you lug nut on put the socket on and tighten the lug nut up till the stud seat its self. Now put everything back together and dont forget to bend the dust/heat sheild back.

American...FUCK YEA!:mbiggrin:

MugsyTheGr8
06-13-2008, 10:59 AM
i tried doing my own wheel stud, you need a press for the front. its different if you are 5 lug

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44548&highlight=wheel+stud