PDA

View Full Version : no muffler?

jtyler05si
06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
i was just wondering how shitty sounding and mainly how loud would it be to run stock header, stock cat,stock midpipe w/ resonator replaced with straight pipe.

i was just wondering, i might end up having to do that for this weekend...

edit: also, would an open mid-pipe burn anything. if i remember it will be pointing right at some stuff...

another question: spring bolts=one time use? if i take off axle back can i put it back on using stock bolts?

civictype_r04
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
i was just wondering how shitty sounding and mainly how loud would it be to run stock header, stock cat,stock midpipe w/ resonator replaced with straight pipe.

i was just wondering, i might end up having to do that for this weekend...

edit: also, would an open mid-pipe burn anything. if i remember it will be pointing right at some stuff...

another question: spring bolts=one time use? if i take off axle back can i put it back on using stock bolts?

It will sound pretty loud. If is just for the weekend it wont be that bad. I pretty sure the mid pipe is near the lower control arms so I don't think it will melt anything. Last the spring bolt are near the header and If you can get them off without breaking them reuse them if not buy new ones.

kprocivic
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
i had to drive around a few days with my muffler unbolted because the tip broke off, i had dcrh with stock midpipe it sounded way quieter for some reason. spring bolts can be used multiple times.

supercivician
06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
i was working on my car one time and i started the car with just a shorty header on and it was loud as fuck. it felt like standing next to a huge speaker at a rock band concert

jtyler05si
06-12-2008, 05:39 PM
update: just finished taking it off and gave the car a bath...
man are those spring bolts easy to take off. they still look new.
i hope that case is true for the ones up front...they take alot more abuse though.

anyways it sounds pretty raspy and hella loud.
i dont know what it is gonna be like on the highway tomorow...
i took a video of it revving, i will post it on tomorow hopefully... pretty good quality video but it doesnt capture how freaking loud it is...
oh and there is a piece of plastic protecting the front side of the lower control arm....facing the open mid pipe face on...little worried but it will be okay.

jtyler05si
06-12-2008, 05:40 PM
i was working on my car one time and i started the car with just a shorty header on and it was loud as fuck. it felt like standing next to a huge speaker at a rock band concert

i understand that... i have cat and midpipe and it still puts lots of pressure on my ears when standing beside it...

EPSU3
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
yeah, i had to drive my mom's 98 lx sedan with the axel back section missing for a few days in high school. embarassingly loud. the spring bolts should be fine, $15 a piece from the stealership, I happened to break one.

jtyler05si
06-13-2008, 05:05 AM
yeah, i had to drive my mom's 98 lx sedan with the axel back section missing for a few days in high school. embarassingly loud. the spring bolts should be fine, $15 a piece from the stealership, I happened to break one.

$6.65 from majestichonda.com