PDA

View Full Version : rear hub bearin job

epblksi
06-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Is this something I can do myself? Do I need some kind of press to pack the bearing back. I am not 100% sure about the process.

I hit a curb and my car sounds like a big wheel. I don't want to take it to a mechanic cause its going to be at least 350$.

Also, my freakin ID got deleted so I just re-registered. geezz you don't post for a year and they cut you....:mcry:

shelbz
06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Also, my freakin ID got deleted so I just re-registered. geezz you don't post for a year and they cut you....:mcry:

no man the whole site was down.. everyone who registered after 2004 had to re-register.

RedSiBaron
06-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Is this something I can do myself? Do I need some kind of press to pack the bearing back. I am not 100% sure about the process.

I hit a curb and my car sounds like a big wheel. I don't want to take it to a mechanic cause its going to be at least 350$.

uhhh, no...there was a site crash...there are stickies on this...

if i remember correctly you have to buy the whole rear hub spindle assembly and cannot press in new bearings like you can in the front...

epblksi
06-12-2008, 09:03 PM
thanks for the quick reply. Well, I feel better about the not being booted, but too bad the site crashed...

RedSIBaron - how much is this piece

" whole rear hub spindle assembly" and can I install it.

I would rather do it myself.

whole rear hub spindle assembly = how do I search for this online to buy? rear hub spindle assembly 2005 honda civi si?

thanks for your help

phister
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
heres where I bought mine. They ship pretty quick too. You'll need an impact gun to remove the bolt. Its pretty easy to install just need the right tools. Lucky my friend owns a shop so I can use his tools if I dont have them.

http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autohausaz/detailw.jsp?sid=s0m5cams3illc545zd22qsza&partner=autohausaz&year=2005&make=HO&model=CVC-SI-005&category=K7001&part=Wheel%20Hub%20Assembly

RedSiBaron
06-13-2008, 06:48 AM
here ya go

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=REAR+BRAKE+%28DISK%29

its number 4, you buy two, they are 117 each from this online dealer...id just order from them and be done with it...

they should be fairly straight forward to install...i cant remember if you can do it with the hub still bolted up but at worst its disconnect calliper, 3 bolts, speed sensor (??maybe), 2 bolts for disk and you unbolt it from the backside...but it might be as simple as unbolt caliper, remove 2 screws pull disk, unbolt hub assembly, install in reverse...

either way, its pretty simple and straight forward...

oh and dont forget to order new studs along with that...you can put those in yourself without a press if you are clever...haha

those are a buck each...

OH and the link i posted is for if you are 4 lug...if you are 5 lug here is the link for that

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=REAR+BRAKE+%28DISK%29

its number 43 on this diagram and its like 162 each, so hopefully you arent 04/05 cuz that will be more...