PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Pro S Coilovers

RON
06-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Does anyone have experience with these? Are they good?

bigo711
06-13-2008, 11:34 AM
i heard they are a bit too stiff for daily driving.
what are the spring rates?

ep_hatcher_510
06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
12f / 8r i believe

sLiCk
06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Those spring rates are going to bigtime promote understeer. Our chassis needs heavier springs in the back compared to the front to rotate properly. So skunk2 coils get a thumbs down from me.

mustclime
06-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Their spring rates are a joke!.....proof skunk2 did not even look at the ep3's suspension to design these.....the front motion ratio is .9, the rear is .588....the stiffer springs should go in the rear....total loss....get something that is designed for your car....:mmph:

civictype_r04
06-13-2008, 04:22 PM
My buddy has them on his DC2 and like them so far only been on for a month so it hasn't been that long.

jdm_ep3
06-13-2008, 07:28 PM
what if you just flip the springs around wouldnt that solve the problems for spring rates??? haha that is only if the springs are the same size tho

mikalem
06-21-2008, 06:14 PM
They are a total waste - I had them installed for a while - after a nightmare of installation (Found that the original front spring perch I got was for the wrong car, and I was one of the few that ended up getting a bad batch of driver's front struts, and didn't figure that out until after everything was installed, and we tried to align it up). After I got what was supposed to be the correct parts, they were VERY bouncy in normal daily driving. I ended up running them for one auto-x event this year, and after having some real difficulty with rotation (something I didn't have with the stock suspension) I decided to just call it a loss and switch it back with the stock suspension. (Thankfully, I decided to purchase a new set of top hats for the front/rear and the associated other "reuse parts" so it was easy to switch back to stock). If you are going to look at coil overs for this car - do yourself a favor and get something that has been engineered for the car - avoid this suspension!