PDA

View Full Version : Throw Me A Bone Here

PwrDbyB&K
11-17-2002, 10:02 PM
I have a 94 civic ex w/ a jdm b16 setup. Im planning on yanking the b-series and all after market parts and swapping them on to a 92-95 gutted hatch. Does ANYBODY know who would come and tow my chassis away?for scrap maybe. Anyone knows any yards that pay for the chassis? I have tons of spare parts to. Any info would be great. Ventura or La County perfered thanks!:o

Suk02Si
11-17-2002, 11:30 PM
Maybe a local import shop could take it off your hands? They could buy it off you and build it up or just sell the chassis for you.

PwrDbyB&K
11-18-2002, 12:16 AM
any ideas

ortedd
11-18-2002, 05:23 AM
as long as you have the title and all, usually metal scrap yards would take them for free. . OR you might be able to donate it to cars for kids, united way anything like that where they will sell if for scrap, and you will even be able to make a small write-off on your taxes. . .

ocara64
11-18-2002, 06:09 AM
Before you let a junk yard take the car. Strip it down to the bare metal, take off every part you can re-use or sell used. You can make money of that stuff to work of your new project. A junkyard will give you a few bucks to take your car off your hands and still turn around and make a profit selling everything that you didn't remove.
I did this when my 92 cx hb was wrecked, and make good money from sell everything off it. When the junkyard got it they couldn't savage anything, only crush the body, plus they gave me money for the weight of the metal.

PwrDbyB&K
11-18-2002, 01:21 PM
are you in this area. what place did you go through? how much did you get. And dont worry about me stripping it. alrerady taken care of:D

ocara64
11-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by PwrDbyB&K
are you in this area. what place did you go through? how much did you get. And dont worry about me stripping it. alrerady taken care of:D
Sorry dude, I live in Kentucky, but I'm sure your phone book probably has a whole section for salvage yards or scrap metal. check it out..

Suk02Si
11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
check out Pick-Your-Part in Sun Valley.

IceD out N CALI
11-18-2002, 10:28 PM
call ecology auto wrecking