PDA

View Full Version : Interior coming along nicely

dashehonda
06-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I just finished doing the Faux Suede door panels, and i got the boot to match so the doors dont look too "out of place". The red steering wheel overlay went on perfectly, and i just repainted my dash in ultra silver. It originally was the aluminum color from the 02-03 span, but then i painted it black, didnt like it, so im back to silver, just brighter. Im gonna eventually get that neon red carpet from Stockinteriors.com, but for now im happy. The only thing is the suede gets those stupid marks, so i just keep a hand towel in the car, and i wipe it to erase the marks:mtongue:

BTW, that knob is for sale:mangel:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/dashehonda/IMG_7651.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/dashehonda/IMG_7654.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/dashehonda/IMG_7655.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/dashehonda/IMG_7650.jpg

NitroBoarder
06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
love the red accents you got going on. not overdone, but tasteful.

is there a DIY for the door panels? I think blue would look nice in mine. and where did you get the overlay for the H on the steering wheel?

and clean that carpet! it is dirtayyy:meek:

dashehonda
06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
love the red accents you got going on. not overdone, but tasteful.

is there a DIY for the door panels? I think blue would look nice in mine. and where did you get the overlay for the H on the steering wheel?

and clean that carpet! it is dirtayyy:meek:

I know i know, i just came back from Cedar Point, with my fiance' and her brother and his friend, so theres alot of dirt and crap everywhere!!!
I did a DIY, and so did 3 or 4 others, its relatively simple, just take your time, i cant stress that enough. The H overlay is from corsport, they send you 2 just in case you screw up once. Ebay has them too

jdm_ep3
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
im sorry but im not digging that red shiftboot thing at all.

dashehonda
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
im sorry but im not digging that red shiftboot thing at all.
To each their own, im just using it till i get teh red carpet. Keeps the doors looking like they belong

dashehonda
06-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I still have the stock doors, so if i want to switch to the black theme, i can, i just need the dash, so i can switch without repainting every time

Chazwick05
06-14-2008, 04:29 AM
looks nice! i have a black suede boot with red stitching, something kinda similar.

where did you get your door panel material, and what exactly was it? just regular alcantara? what was the color name?

meklz
06-14-2008, 05:35 AM
Yeah.

Cool. Better than that stock interior.

dashehonda
06-14-2008, 12:56 PM
looks nice! i have a black suede boot with red stitching, something kinda similar.

where did you get your door panel material, and what exactly was it? just regular alcantara? what was the color name?

I got it from Joann fabrics web site, it was like 30 shipped for a square yard, i havent even used a 1/4 of the material for the doors, so you have plenty left if you screw up, or want to cover something else. Im not sure of the name, someone else had a diy on here with the direct link to the product,
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat143859&PRODID=prd43353&source=search

SHIT, i jhust realized the fabric is on sale now, FUCKERS!!!! i paid double that, oh well it was still worth it

72chevel
06-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Looks good, did you use 3m spray adhesive to attach the material?

dashehonda
06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Looks good, did you use 3m spray adhesive to attach the material?

Yep, i used some other brand a few years ago, and ill never use anything else ever again.

72chevel
06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
another question for you I noticed the material will not easily tuck into the area along the arm rest did you flush mount it right next to the arm rest? also did you spray the material then mount it or spray both the material and the door panel. I have all my supplies ready but I am being chicken about the adhesive I really dont want to make a mess of things. I am using a seat material that has that cushy thickness to it, what did you do about that edge of material that gets tucked in the top edge of the door panel I am trying to decide if you put glue on it will it be a pain to shove down in the groove or if you dont put glue on it will it want to work its way back out of the groove? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :mbiggrin:

dashehonda
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
another question for you I noticed the material will not easily tuck into the area along the arm rest did you flush mount it right next to the arm rest? also did you spray the material then mount it or spray both the material and the door panel. I have all my supplies ready but I am being chicken about the adhesive I really dont want to make a mess of things. I am using a seat material that has that cushy thickness to it, what did you do about that edge of material that gets tucked in the top edge of the door panel I am trying to decide if you put glue on it will it be a pain to shove down in the groove or if you dont put glue on it will it want to work its way back out of the groove? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :mbiggrin:

To start, i removed the little black piece at the narrow end of the fabric, (near the handle) and removed the armrest. They both come off by drilling through the plastic rivets from the back. Dont be discouraged though, the little piece snaps back in on its own, and the armrest, i just put two bolts through the back and put nuts on them, an tightened them down. The glue is kinda tricky, if you get it on the plastic, it will stick like a bitch, unless you coat the whole door (minus the fabric)with Armorall(lay it on as much as you can). I sprayed the door and the suede, because i originally did just the fabric along time ago, but found out its flawed if you get the fabric wet because it will bubble up instantly. Doing both the door and fabric, will ensure a stronger hold. I basically cut the fabric, before applying the glue, just a hair under an inch bigger than the size of the fabric panel on the door, so theres not alot of extra to have to cut off after its glued down, and tucked in. I used an extremely sharp Brand new Xacto knife to trim the suede after the glue and tuck. Its very hard to explain all of this without actually showing you in person. Dont just go and do it after reading this, trust me, i made quite a few mistakes, and 3 set of doors later, i got these. Which arent even THAT good. Im happy with them, but could be better. I wish i did them in black suede instead, would match the seats better. Good thing i have a nearly new set of untouched doors:mcool:

72chevel
06-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Cool I'll look into removing those pieces thanks, you really went thru 3 sets of door panels!!! I am not feeling as confident after reading that :mfrown: I really don't have any plans of buying a back up set!!! hopefully I won't need to!!!

dashehonda
06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Cool I'll look into removing those pieces thanks, you really went thru 3 sets of door panels!!! I am not feeling as confident after reading that :mfrown: I really don't have any plans of buying a back up set!!! hopefully I won't need to!!!

Yeah, dont rush it.

the 1 set, i tried removing the whole fabric panel, by cutting the whole thing out, big mistake. Second set, didnt care for the fabric i used, so i removed the fabric, but the glue was left behind. I used some alcohol to break down the adhesive, but it started eating away at the plastic:mcry: Third set is the set you see, plus the 4th set untouched. So really 2 set destroyed, on my third, But still be careful. Search some more, there might be a DIY or 2 floating around still on this.But remember that it will be so much easier after removing those 2 pieces

EPandaman29
06-23-2008, 09:00 PM
not really feelin the shift boot, but watever floats ur boat dude.

dashehonda
06-23-2008, 09:10 PM
not really feelin the shift boot, but watever floats ur boat dude.

Thing is, if i did get my car back, id take all that crap off, and go back black and stock

72chevel
06-24-2008, 06:36 AM
So do you have any plans on changing the seat insert material?

frm_808
06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
you should paint the console

VegaS10
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I took the faux JoAnn fabric and my door panels to the local upholstery guy.

$40 and 2 days later they came back absolutley perfect. I even gave the guy a $10 tip cause it came out so good.

I made a thread about it here somewhere...

Kerby
06-25-2008, 07:09 AM
I NEED THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:madgrin:

VegaS10
06-25-2008, 07:40 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46311

My DIY link where I dropped it off at the upholstry shop....lol

Kerby
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I think I just found my June 08 mod! did you drop the car off or did you take your panels out and give them to him?

thanks!:juggle:

VegaS10
06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I just dropped off the door panels.