PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Is This!!!!

sicivicguy
06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
OK... This is the 2nd time this has happened. I baught my Tien Basics off a fellow Ephatcher a while back and this happened to me so I just switched upper mount with my stock mount and it was all good till I hit a small pot hole today & WHAT DO YA KNOW! The same BS again. Im thinking of getting Pillowball upper mounts for a RSX but $$$$$$ they're over $200! I know there was something a while back before the site changed about a company that made upper mounts... NOT PILLOWBALL, but a little more aggressive uppermounts for the rear struts. ANYONE REMEMBER WHO MADE THESE. The upper bushing was HUGE!!! I remember that. This is a pic of what Im talking about....

:laser:http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/Picture.jpg

:help:

jdm_ep3
06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
oh damn that looks scary! ima try to avoid speed bumps now or pot holes!

Drew1d
06-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Are you certain that the rear strut was assembled correctly?

ep_hatcher_510
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM
WTF? that shouldn't happen :meek:

goy091
06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Are you certain that the rear strut was assembled correctly?

im going to have to agree with you on that one.

take it apart and reassemble it according to the instructions, maybe you forgot something. ive had SS's on my car for like 3 years. never happened to me before.

what part of the bushing is actually broken?

sicivicguy
06-14-2008, 08:50 AM
OK... Downloaded the assembly instuction's and I can see a few one or two things that I might have done wrong :mconfused: .... Im a dissasemble the strut today and rebuild according to instructions to see if it makes a difference.

Do you guys think cuz the rubber bushing popped out on the top that it wont hold anymore? it should, shouldn't it?

Will keep u guys posted..... THANX :mwink:

dobbs02si
06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
It looks like it dont even have the lower plate that sits on the shoulder of the strut shaft..maybe im not looking at it right but I can only see one bushing also.

sicivicguy
06-19-2008, 01:43 PM
OK I FIXED IT.... That little cylinder piece that goes between the stut and the top half had space in between. I just changed the top half and it works great. I did the same for the other side the first time that it happened.... THANX EVERYONE. :mcool:

ghettotech
06-19-2008, 04:05 PM
holy crap ive never seen that happen before...glad you fixed it man

Zzyzx
06-19-2008, 04:38 PM
My 1st question is how low is the car.

civictype_r04
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Thats good you fixed it the could've been worse.

goy091
06-20-2008, 03:23 PM
OK I FIXED IT.... That little cylinder piece that goes between the stut and the top half had space in between. I just changed the top half and it works great. I did the same for the other side the first time that it happened.... THANX EVERYONE. :mcool:

instructions > you

lol glad you fixed it.