PDA

View Full Version : windows fogging

rspjean
06-13-2008, 07:18 PM
no matter what i do my windows fog up at night, i turn on the defroster and it only clears about half of the wind shield. is there a reason why its doing this ? is there anything i can buy to prevent this ?

smoody
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
no matter what i do my windows fog up at night, i turn on the defroster and it only clears about half of the wind shield. is there a reason why its doing this ? is there anything i can buy to prevent this ?

Are you pushing the rear window button along with the 2 other buttons beside it?:mredface:

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
06-15-2008, 01:03 AM

AC on? you clean your carpets? Sometimes the dirt in the carpets can cause extra humidity. Inside the car or out? Change your cabin filter?

NitroBoarder
06-15-2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.holden.co.uk/productimages/096_716.jpg

it's like $2.95 at my local auto store. coupled with regular rain-x, you barely have to use your wipers or defrost when it's raining. it is so nice.

k20z1
06-15-2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.holden.co.uk/productimages/096_716.jpg

it's like $2.95 at my local auto store. coupled with regular rain-x, you barely have to use your wipers or defrost when it's raining. it is so nice.

i'm using that too.. cuz when my window fog up it ain't good. i have no AC:meek:

hatch404
06-18-2008, 11:25 AM
another vote for the rainx stuff!

JCEM
06-18-2008, 11:44 AM
How are you cleaning your windows? Sometimes residue from some cleaners (or even paper towels) can make the windows fog up more.

theyb
06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
let the air from the outside go inside of the car,

not sure what that button is called (air recirculation). button left of the a/c, light should be off. having the light on for a long period of time. Car fogs if there's a huge difference between the inside and the outside temp.

02JDMEP3
06-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Rain X window cleaner works wonders in preventting windows from fogging up alot. I would also try to find if your car is leaking water somewhere because if the fogging is excessive, you might be getting moisture buildup somewhere inside the cabin.