PDA

View Full Version : Is this a cause for concern?

superchargedk20
06-14-2008, 08:17 AM
i got my BCRH put on Thursday (awesome peice by the way, amazing gains). We also did the o2 sim with the battery unplugged. Well everything was fine untill yesterday the CEL came on. I just assumed that the o2 sim didnt work. the car still drives really strong no rev cut or anything. Well on the way to work today, the CEL turned off. Now ive read of horror stories of the CEL turning off then shows its ugly head again with more problems. Do you guys think i have anything to worry about?

clutch797
06-14-2008, 08:28 AM
If you have kpro turn off obd-II and you should be fine. I'm running mine the same way with obd-II off and no cel.

superchargedk20
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
If you have kpro turn off obd-II and you should be fine. I'm running mine the same way with obd-II off and no cel.

na no kpro. im runnin the powercard that comes with the street kit. how are u gona pass emissions with ob2 turned off?

clutch797
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't have to. Welcome to Texas.

RollinCivic
06-15-2008, 12:28 AM

What do you mean by turning OBD 2 off?

sorry if its a stupid question?

j0000stin
06-15-2008, 12:34 AM
i got my BCRH put on Thursday (awesome peice by the way, amazing gains). We also did the o2 sim with the battery unplugged. Well everything was fine untill yesterday the CEL came on. I just assumed that the o2 sim didnt work. the car still drives really strong no rev cut or anything. Well on the way to work today, the CEL turned off. Now ive read of horror stories of the CEL turning off then shows its ugly head again with more problems. Do you guys think i have anything to worry about?

dude theres nothing to fear if you can just answer 2 questions
1)how many miles do you have on your car and
2)are you missing any bolts and pieces?

superchargedk20
06-15-2008, 12:40 AM
hahah how many miles? honestly i dont know. i changed my cluster to a JDM CTR cluster so now it reads in Km's i would say around 31-32k. i could figure it out if i really needed to. and no, there are no bolts missing. everything is bolted properly. i was just wonderin why the CEL would turn on for 1 day then the next day be off again

j0000stin
06-15-2008, 01:27 PM
hahah how many miles? honestly i dont know. i changed my cluster to a JDM CTR cluster so now it reads in Km's i would say around 31-32k. i could figure it out if i really needed to. and no, there are no bolts missing. everything is bolted properly. i was just wonderin why the CEL would turn on for 1 day then the next day be off again

well the reason i asked is because out o2 sensors are shit they go out around 70k miles and the reason my cel went off was because it was faulty it was going on and off all day yesterday and i had to buy a new one...shit was 300 bucks i mean you would have to get the cel code if anything thats when you can figure out the problem

rburdios
06-15-2008, 01:59 PM
did u have any kind of fitment problems?

Lucid Moments
06-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Easiest answer would be to go by an autozone or somewhere and have them pull the codes. They'll do it for free. As long as it relates to the secondary O2 sensor then you shouldn't have any problems. If it is something else then it will just depend on what it is.

superchargedk20
06-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Easiest answer would be to go by an autozone or somewhere and have them pull the codes. They'll do it for free. As long as it relates to the secondary O2 sensor then you shouldn't have any problems. If it is something else then it will just depend on what it is.

i would love to get it checked out. but it turned off. and has yet to turn back on. fingers are crossed that it doesnt

RHCP0801
06-15-2008, 03:16 PM
even if it turned off its still in the history codes...you can still get the code

superchargedk20
06-15-2008, 03:16 PM
did u have any kind of fitment problems?

there really werent any. the header cleared the sway bar so that was cool. the only thing is the header is a tad bit longer but it was just sawed off and welded back to fit my catback. all in all it was pretty smooth process. and for anyone with a JRSC this header is absolutely amazing. its worth the pricetag and guarentee that ur butt dyno will feel it.