PDA

View Full Version : Help! weird clicking noise when engine is running. :(

vboy127
06-14-2008, 05:51 PM
So i've researched around on this forum and haven't really found the answers that i am lookin for.

To start off, i'm a new owner of a 2002 SI. It has about 71,000 miles on it. For the first week or so, everything ran perfectly. But im beginning to have some problems with the transmission. Lately it's been a little difficult to place the shifter into 1st or reverse. I have to usually release the brake for it to fall completely into gear. Yesterday i wanted to have a little fun and i ran it to 6000 rpm in 1st, i shifted to 2nd but it didn't fall totally into gear, it stuck halfway and started grinding! :mcry: i quickly put it into neutral and slowly pulled it back into 2nd. since then i've noticed a slight clicking noise coming from the car. It doesn't seem that it is coming from the engine. It sounds more like it's coming from the back of the engine bay, behind the engine, near the bottom of the car. Is it coming from the Tranny?? The car and gears run fine, but the noise is just out of the norm and i am worried. Any idea of what the problem may be? Should i take it to Honda to have them check it out??

Anyways, thanks for reading. I apologize for such a long post. i hope you guys can help me out, i've only been part of this community for a short time, but so far it's been great!! thanks again!

itchy5
06-26-2008, 07:58 PM
is it like a intermittent clicking? or does it just click every once in a while?

vboy127
07-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Its a constant clicking. i've been driving with it for awhile now and it doesnt seem to influence how well the car runs, but everytime i drive by another car or a wall i can hear it.

MajorJones
07-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Is it a click or a rattle? i took my car to a shop for some problems and when i got it back it started to rattle from the same place your talking about but i think my problem is a loose bolt from the heat shield.

mystery1
07-01-2008, 04:23 AM
i have came to notice that our throwout bearings tend to start making ticking noise after so long. I have done well over 10 plus clutches in the ep alone and would say that out of the 10 that 7 of them had the same ticking noise. See if the ticking noise goes away while you push the clutch in and out. If so then its your throwout bearing goin bad. Not sure why they tend to go bad so much but i have seen this problem many times.

JaY

vboy127
07-01-2008, 10:24 AM
its a click. it isnt a loose bolt in my case, at least i don't think. each time i press down on the gas pedal the clicking is more rapid.. ??

oneglory
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
electronic fuel injection?

vboy127
07-01-2008, 02:42 PM
electronic fuel injection?
possibly? but would a sound coming from the back of the engine, near the bottom be caused by the fuel injection?