PDA

View Full Version : Now Wtf Is Wrong With This Thing???

Az02Si
11-18-2002, 01:27 AM
Well,in 2nd,3rd,and 5th gear,my car feels like its hitting the limiter at 6K,and it starts to jerk,hesitate and BACKFIRE LOUDLY.Car has fresh oil,91 octane gas,and hasnt really had the shit kicked out of it.Time to take it to Honda and complain about a missfire with 14K on the clock.Pathetic IMHO,just when i was really starting to get happy with the car this crap pops up on me.This happen to anyone else,or do i have to add this to the list of fucked up things this cars doing to me?These are the times i REALLY want to get rid of it again,i cannot AFFORD to have a brand new car in the shop getting tranny/engine work done.Sorry for the rant,but im PISSED OFF right now at this thing.Never had one issue with the 00 in 61K miles,even with boost,and now at 14K i pretty much need a new clutch,and who KNOWS WTF is up with the motor :mad:

DocofMind
11-18-2002, 02:23 AM
If you car has the proper amount of oil, and its been properly warmed, you may have an issue with your plugs.

ep_k20a3
11-18-2002, 06:05 AM
Something like that should still be under warranty... right?... If its actually a real engine problem and not something simple like the plugs.

IceD out N CALI
11-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Maybe its not as bad as you think. good luck hope it works out for you

Az02Si
11-18-2002, 01:04 PM
One of the plugs is REALLY white,unlike the others......Time for warranty work....ALREADY...Dammit,im ticked off.....

myeverlovinsir
11-18-2002, 01:22 PM
I had something similar happen, turned out the vtec solenoids
were not picking up oil. It happened when I was rounding a huge
onramp. The rev limiter was down arround 4k and stuck there
till they reset the cpu. My engine light came on immediately.
When they reset the cpu and topped the oil up, everything went back to normal. hope this is as simple an issue for you.

Az02Si
11-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Thats whats odd....NO CEL,full of oil,and it only does it in certain gears....hmmmmmm

02blksi
11-18-2002, 03:06 PM
sounds more like an Ignition problem, start with the basics, fresh plugs, try that out if that doenst work maybe a coil pack is going bad hmmm... just take it to the dealership hopefully it will happen when they drive the car as well .. Good luck --Joe