PDA

View Full Version : seems odd?

j0000stin
06-14-2008, 10:42 PM
ok so on this site from the jrsc sticky

http://www.supercharger.com/CustomerService/DynoChart.aspx?Chart=03%20Civic%20SI%20Street%20SC .gif

it says the street kit was makint around 173 hp with the street charger i/e....
but from dynos that ive seen with ep's that only had i/e/h were pushing around 150-160 so basically what im asking is for 2 grand all youll be getting is an additional 13-20 hp considering the headers

...im planning on getting the race kit (just thought id let you guys know if it means anything) haha:msmile:

vbpracer
06-15-2008, 06:56 AM
ok so on this site from the jrsc sticky

http://www.supercharger.com/CustomerService/DynoChart.aspx?Chart=03%20Civic%20SI%20Street%20SC .gif

it says the street kit was makint around 173 hp with the street charger i/e....
but from dynos that ive seen with ep's that only had i/e/h were pushing around 150-160 so basically what im asking is for 2 grand all youll be getting is an additional 13-20 hp considering the headers

...im planning on getting the race kit (just thought id let you guys know if it means anything) haha:msmile:

Street kit and good header you make over 180 whp.

j0000stin
06-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Street kit and good header you make over 180 whp.

still a waste of money imo opinion.....2 grand for 20 hp haha

!@#$%
06-15-2008, 10:46 AM
With k-pro (tuned), the highest dyno (jet) I've seen with the street kit is 190 whp.

Draw7Seven
06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Poor street kit guys.

Fico
06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
With k-pro (tuned), the highest dyno (jet) I've seen with the street kit is 190 whp.

and thats the reason i wont waste my money on a supercharger unless its rotex style...

Blah1219
06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
with that much money just go with engine swap
you'll have way more potential to get more hp
and save your self alot of money in the end
supercharger aint worth it unless thats all the power you want
doesn't the k20a2 w/ i/h/e/k-pro give you like more than 190whp?

4angrybadgers
06-15-2008, 12:10 PM
still a waste of money imo opinion.....2 grand for 20 hp haha

A stock EP makes 160 at the crank. You're comparing that to 180 at the wheels. :mrolleyes:

Plus you're neglecting the bump in torque from the blower.

Fico
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
A stock EP makes 160 at the crank. You're comparing that to 180 at the wheels. :mrolleyes:

if you want torque...
blower=2000
k24a4=600ish +32 mount

j0000stin
06-15-2008, 02:43 PM

you read it wrong i said from the dynos ive seen an ep with the basic bolt ons i/h/e make around 160 so with that being said i was talking about wheel the entire time and that 180 is from wheel also...so my main arguement is that would you really pay 2 grand for 20 extra WHEEL hp

4angrybadgers
06-15-2008, 04:37 PM
if you want torque...
blower=2000
k24a4=600ish +32 mount
Add on the extra cost for labor if you don't have the facilites to do an engine swap yourself. The supercharger can be done in one day with nothing beyond a good set of wrenches.

you read it wrong i said from the dynos ive seen an ep with the basic bolt ons i/h/e make around 160 so with that being said i was talking about wheel the entire time and that 180 is from wheel also...so my main arguement is that would you really pay 2 grand for 20 extra WHEEL hp
You have to have a freak motor to hit 160whp with bolt-ons. And once again, you're focusing solely on peak horsepower. The supercharger adds torque (and therefore horsepower) throughout the entire powerband.

That said, if you want a supercharger, go past the street kit and get the race kit. You'll thank yourself later.

Adding power beyond bolt-ons is gonna cost money, whether it's a swap, blower, or turbo. If you're balking at 2k, then you need to take a moment and ask yourself if you really want to mod a car.

j0000stin
06-15-2008, 10:06 PM
You have to have a freak motor to hit 160whp with bolt-ons. And once again, you're focusing solely on peak horsepower. The supercharger adds torque (and therefore horsepower) throughout the entire powerband.

That said, if you want a supercharger, go past the street kit and get the race kit. You'll thank yourself later.

Adding power beyond bolt-ons is gonna cost money, whether it's a swap, blower, or turbo. If you're balking at 2k, then you need to take a moment and ask yourself if you really want to mod a car.

so back to the original post..im planning on getting the race kit it just seemed odd to me that the street only produced 180 when the dyno charts that ive personally seen on ephatch with basic bolt ons have reached 155-160
wheel. i know the superchargers main focus is tq and thats the main reason why im getting one is beacuse thats pretty much what our cars lack and most hodas for that matter. financially i have no problem with money and i also do not plan on getting any of my work done in a shop, i do all the labor myself. and finally 2 grand is not my budget i was just reffering to the street kit as a waste of 2 grand since your producing less power for about the same price as a race kit and even a swap

Fico
06-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Add on the extra cost for labor if you don't have the facilites to do an engine swap yourself. The supercharger can be done in one day with nothing beyond a good set of wrenches.

my swap cost 400 bux and i got to help out (my friends garage) he charged me normal rate, even at that i swapped Brandon_Renners engine in the parking lot infront of his house, i also took out and replaced a trans in my garage. honda engines arent as heavy as you all think!

BlownSi05
06-16-2008, 06:03 AM
so back to the original post..im planning on getting the race kit it just seemed odd to me that the street only produced 180 when the dyno charts that ive personally seen on ephatch with basic bolt ons have reached 155-160
wheel. i know the superchargers main focus is tq and thats the main reason why im getting one is beacuse thats pretty much what our cars lack and most hodas for that matter. financially i have no problem with money and i also do not plan on getting any of my work done in a shop, i do all the labor myself. and finally 2 grand is not my budget i was just reffering to the street kit as a waste of 2 grand since your producing less power for about the same price as a race kit and even a swap

ok, i am going to settle this argument right now. a dyno number is exactly what is says it is.....a number. every dyno is different and everything plays a part in what number comes up on that screen (tempurature, humidity, elevation, etc.). this being said you cannot go solely on that number but what it can handle on the road. on 9 psi with k-pro tuned i put down 211whp on a Dyno Dynamics and on the same day 2 hours later put down 238whp on a Dyno Jet. my point is don't dwell on the dyno number because 9 times out of 10 you will be disappointed if you think that way. read up on what others have said about the setup your looking for and base your purchase on that.

Jpax
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
ok, i am going to settle this argument right now. a dyno number is exactly what is says it is.....a number. every dyno is different and everything plays a part in what number comes up on that screen (tempurature, humidity, elevation, etc.). this being said you cannot go solely on that number but what it can handle on the road. on 9 psi with k-pro tuned i put down 211whp on a Dyno Dynamics and on the same day 2 hours later put down 238whp on a Dyno Jet. my point is don't dwell on the dyno number because 9 times out of 10 you will be disappointed if you think that way. read up on what others have said about the setup your looking for and base your purchase on that.

Sounds familuar lol this guy gets tuned by me on a dyno up here, and then a few months later he gets dyno tuned on a different dyno and says my tune is shit because his numbers are better on the different dyno. mustang dynos are the ego killer for the owner LOL... ahh its good not to have to deal with that anymore. :mcool:

race kit or go home.

j0000stin
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
race kit or go home.

my point exactly!!!:clap2:

Tnhatch03
06-16-2008, 09:37 PM
turbo kit or go home.

fixed.

:amen:

BlownSi05
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Sounds familuar lol this guy gets tuned by me on a dyno up here, and then a few months later he gets dyno tuned on a different dyno and says my tune is shit because his numbers are better on the different dyno. mustang dynos are the ego killer for the owner LOL... ahh its good not to have to deal with that anymore. :mcool:

race kit or go home.

yeah dyno dynamics kill your expectations too...lol. they read about 12-13% lower than a dynojet or dynopack, but are amazing for tuning:mtongue: any time anyone tells me their dyno number now i always ask what kind of dyno it was on as to get a realistic comparison in my head. i definatly wasn't pissed about my number because it performed well on the road. i put it on the dynojet just to see the percentage difference in what the two dynos showed. its all craziness...lol

vbpracer
06-17-2008, 06:43 AM

This argument is about nothing. For 2000 dollars you get a supercharger with everything you need for the race kit and more, used. More likely less than that with a charger that has less than 10.000 Mi. A street kit can be purchased for as low as 1300 used. You compare a USED swap to a brand NEW supercharger.

Good luck with your choice, you'll like the supercharger.

Fico
06-17-2008, 06:44 AM
This argument is about nothing. For 2000 dollars you get a supercharger with everything you need for the race kit and more, used. More likely less than that with a charger that has less than 10.000 Mi. A street kit can be purchased for as low as 1300 used. You compare a USED swap to a brand NEW supercharger.

Good luck with your choice, you'll like the supercharger.

my used engine with 25k miles on it was a whopping 400bux, k24a4 for the win

BlownSi05
06-17-2008, 08:16 AM
my used engine with 25k miles on it was a whopping 400bux, k24a4 for the win

that is an awesome price btw for an entire motor...lol.