PDA

View Full Version : ground controls

bluedevilI
06-15-2008, 09:14 AM
i was looking in2 buying something for myself for my bday.... it was either projectors or gc coilovers....im choosing the coilovers but i looked @ showstoppers and it looks like its just selling the spring and adjuster.....do i have 2 buy the shocks seperate? or does it come with it? i saw on g.c's website it comes with the shocks....heres both links

http://www.showstoppersusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_21_23&products_id=78

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=522/CA=71

Epcivic82
06-15-2008, 09:25 AM
i think it goes onto stock shocks or aftermarket.
on gs website it tells you to choose what type of shocks you have

mustclime
06-15-2008, 10:25 AM
My avice is get dampers first( koni's,d-specs,bilstines).....If you go with the gc, ask for the autoX set....the stock set is kinda soft imo

With our suspension really, dampers make a huge differance.

metalviper
06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
it doesnt come with shocks. that drop down menu is just so you select the shocks you have and gc will give you the appropriate sleeve to fit your shocks

dobbs02si
06-15-2008, 11:10 AM
You can run stock struts and it will still ride good and handle better than stock, BUT they are a touch on the soft side like mustclime said if you intend to use then to their fullest. I love mine on stock struts but mines a road warrior, when I get an itch to really drive I wish I had gotten a set of struts. Either way you cant go wrong..

krntiger
06-15-2008, 11:14 AM
You can run stock struts and it will still ride good and handle better than stock, BUT they are a touch on the soft side like mustclime said if you intend to use then to their fullest. I love mine on stock struts but mines a road warrior, when I get an itch to really drive I wish I had gotten a set of struts. Either way you cant go wrong..

agreed, i just put on both the ground controls ep specific and the tokico d specs on right now, depends on how your going to drive them, imo i would go for the ground controls with your stock struts for a quick cheap fix and looking to grow into a set of actual adjustable struts. however i would still recommend looking into new struts first, springs you can get for cheap around 120 buck used for sportlines and it will handle great.

so what are you looking for is probably the best question to figure out what you should get.

bluedevilI
06-15-2008, 10:36 PM
thanx...tryna trade my blues for some d specs now.

lazeebeast35
06-15-2008, 11:21 PM
good choice bro. my homie got ground controls and koni yellows on his eg and it handles like a beast in the canyons, so i think d-spec's should do really good.

SD_smrk1
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
to the op: im in the same boat and try to jack your thread but...

If you buy GC's and say that you have stock shocks when ordering and you specify that can you later change the struts to something else except for the koni ylw's?

bluedevilI
06-17-2008, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=lazeebeast35;611126]good choice bro. my homie got ground controls and koni yellows on his eg and it handles like a beast in the canyons, so i think d-spec's should do really good.[/QUOT

fosho, jimmy...but damn im rethinkn cuz i wana get the whole lip kit so i mite jus slap on my sportlines that i have sitting here and get the whole ctr lip kit....

bmyers4321
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
get the struts first like others are saying or just wait and get it all at once so you will only have 1 install not 2.