PDA

View Full Version : dang it stupid rotas

Si Death
06-15-2008, 09:55 AM
well its not biggie, the clear coat is like peeling and Im a perfectionist and it just really frokin bothers me. Oh well, do you guys think rota will send me some new rims based on just a clear coat issue??

az-epdrvr
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
most of would say yes , but they could be azzholes but never hurts to try , right g/l

cow
06-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I really doubt they would send you new wheels because yours are worn. That would be like asking them to send you new wheels because they were curbed.

Chazwick05
06-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I really doubt they would send you new wheels because yours are worn. That would be like asking them to send you new wheels because they were curbed.

yeah, i'm going to agree with jono. i have a set of rotas that have chrome nuts to simulate 2 piece rims, and the chrome is starting to peel off. i'm going insane because of it, but i know they won't do a thing about it. i plan on just media blasting my rims and polishing or powdercoating them.

oldschoolimport
06-15-2008, 08:13 PM
they'll say that you used an unapproved cleaner, and its not their problem. sorry.

powdbyrice
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
how old is the wheel?

also, what do you expect from a $100 wheel? i have rotas, will be one of the first to defend rota, but you have to realize where the low price comes from...

Draw7Seven
06-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Haha my Nippon's are snake skinning away as we speak. I just don't care. If I ever get baller wheels, I'm going to have them on about once a year for maybe a day or two.

T-MacK
06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
how old is the wheel?

also, what do you expect from a $100 wheel? i have rotas, will be one of the first to defend rota, but you have to realize where the low price comes from...

I agree.....Everything Rota makes is just a cheaper version of other exspensive rims. What do you expect....I would just be happy they did'nt crack. I've seen it happen at the track with a set of slipstreams.

Si Death
06-16-2008, 11:53 PM
well what bothers me is that only two of the rims are peeling. Obviously something causing the other two to be fine??

Windchaser
06-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Haha my Nippon's are snake skinning away as we speak. I just don't care. If I ever get baller wheels, I'm going to have them on about once a year for maybe a day or two.

baller wheels don't have that problem unless you used a retarded cleaner that destroys it.