PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for mounting amp under seat?

FailureToStop
11-18-2002, 10:34 AM
Wonder if you guys could help me out. I want to put the amps under the drivers seat.

How do you mount it? I was thinking to just do it Ghetto and put velcro on the amp. :) Any better tips than this?

Any recommendation on how to wire the amp? Go through the center console? Or go through the left hand side with the door?

civicflnum1
11-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Easy. To make the install nice first remove your seats. Run wires form ur spekers to your door through the black plastic piece that goes from the door to the inside of the car. Then run it on the side of ur car (in that little side groove thing) and out of it next to your seat to the amp. Run your RCA's on the side of ur car and when you get to the seat just pull em out. What im saying osudns weird but if you take time to look its easy. But why do you want to do this? It will heat up your seat and you will hate it. Just mount them in the back. ill get pics of my set up as soon as the custom box is done. Sorry for miss spelled words im tired.

FailureToStop
11-18-2002, 08:34 PM
Thanks... but I kind of wanted more detail. I know the basics on how to do it. But the devil is in the details!

If you have already done an under the seat install, how did you keep the amp fixed so it doesn't move around?

From the door groove, how did you get the wires to the amp? I mean any :rolleyes: <-- monkey can just have them come out of the trim and be readily visible. How do you make them so that the wires are not exposed and easily seen?

As far as them heating up the seat... unless you got a really inefficient amp, your not going to feel it through the seat. I don't really want the amp to be in the back 'cuz it will get in the way. I carry poles and big cases and stuff when I got out. If it is hooked up to the back seat, every time I carry the poles it would lay on top of the amp. Also thats the first place the thieves will look.

Jpax
11-18-2002, 09:53 PM
i mounted mine under seat

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/511/9488/p/105149_3024115338248624538_vl.jpg

I went through the center console...
for power and signal wires and grounded the amp to the E brake mount screw.
if you want i can make you a quick video of how to do it? let me know.
it would be easy.

BarracksSi
11-19-2002, 03:08 PM
How did you secure the amp? I take it you didn't just shove it between the seat rails... lol

I'd also consider mounting an amp under the seat, but I don't want to drive screws through the floor -- even though that was done on my '86. What other methods are there?

FailureToStop
11-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Paxie,

Yah, how did you affix the amp to floor? Does your seat clear the amp if you use the sliders? Do you happen to know what the max height is of that amp you have? I'm trying to figure what the max amp height so I can see what will fit.

And thanks for the tip for the ground wire.