PDA

View Full Version : fixing a/f

jdm03ep
06-15-2008, 09:13 PM
i've been reading through the swap section looking for a fix that fits my budget. so far i've read that k24a4's running on the stock ep ecu will not run lean if you have injectors from a type-s unless you have a race header. well in my ep i have a k24a4 running on the stock ecu until i can get kpro money. im also using the stock header with a megan down pipe. the question is if i were to get injectors from a k20a2 would i be able to adjust my fuel mixture to a safe level with an apex afc neo? i have one already so all i would need to buy is the injectors which would save me a nice amount of money.

jdm03ep
06-16-2008, 11:16 AM
anyone? i know you guys know.

Jpax
06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
" would i be able to adjust my a/f to a safe level with an apex afc neo? i have one already so all i would need to buy is the injectors which would save me a nice amount of money."

Do you have a Wide band o2 http://dagostinoracing.com/bmz_cache/3/3e49ab2f89a386e7072cb810f67ae4b1.image.375x375.jpg

If you do then you might beable to adjust it your a/f to a "safe" level but you can't adjust ignition so your hosed there.

Instead of trying to bandaid it just save up for the major surgery.
Wide band o2 sensor will set you back 250+ then another what 300 bucks for that neo controler? thats 550 already 1/2 way there to the cost of a kpro

jdm03ep
06-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I already have an afc neo sitting aroung so all I would need to buy is an a/f meter? This would fix my problem at a 25% of the cost of kpro.i underastand kpro is the popular choice but its not the answer to all tuning problems.

Civic5lug
06-16-2008, 06:02 PM
i underastand kpro is the popular choice but its not the answer to all tuning problems.

And runing a lil AFC controller is?:nono:
The answer to "all tuning problems" is knowing what the fuck your doing and having the shit that will help you. Throw that AFC back on Ebay and get some REAL tuning tools.

Jpax
06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
with just removing or adding fuel to get it safe will not fix teh fact that your ignition is still at factory settings, so no , don't waste your time or money.

get Kpro live happy

davisj3537
06-18-2008, 12:58 PM
These guys are not trying to hate on your idea but they are exactly right. If you are swappin then you need to get kpro. You can not get kpro if you stay stock w/ 310cc injectors...there is no other way. I can't stress that enough. People just want to continue cutting corners but the fact of the matter is if you want a swap with any bolts ons at all then you have to get kpro.