PDA

View Full Version : need some input

shadowmd
06-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Need some opinions here.
i have been lowered on progress springs on my 05 ep since it had like 500 miles on it. the struts are finally starting to go. i was looking at gettin the skunk2 pro-c coilovers OR the tokico D-spec struts. i don't auto cross and don't plan to. i go to the drag strip every now and then. but mainly, my ep is my dd. i just want something that will give me a sporty ride. i kinda like it stiff-ISH. i like the fact that the coilovers have the adjustable ride height and all cause i am an indecisive person (as some of you know lol) so being able to adjust the ride height would def. be a plus. but i also hear the the d-specs are pretty nice struts. i would keep my progress springs cause i like the ride height (kinda, being able to go lower would be kinda fun lol). so im leaning towards the skunk2's. before you guys say check out other companies, im not in the market to really spend more than $800. which is what the skunk2's cost. yea yea i kno lol....but thats where im at. so between these two setups, what would u choose and y? i am planning on ordering these today between 12 and 1 EASTERN STD. TIME so sorry for the late notice.

thanks!

sam aka shadowmd

cow
06-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Tokico D-specs are wonderful dampers. I had them for over a year before the whole canal incident. If I had another EP, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Since you already have springs, save yourself the headache/ money & buy the Tokicos.

FoReVaPmP
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Sam. Progress Coils call it a day..... :msmile: IMO!

shadowmd
06-16-2008, 08:20 AM
yea well i don't have $1200 :mcry: lol

FoReVaPmP
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
yea well i don't have $1200 :mcry: lol

save up..... give it time, I'm sure you will like them. Plus you can take a ride in Marys' car so you can get a feel for them....:mbiggrin::mwink:

mustclime
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Ok, the skunk coilovers have the wrong spring rates. They have the stiff springs in the fronts and this does not work with our suspension design.
If you are happy with the progress springs, go with a damper replacemnt...d-spec,koni and bilstien are all in your price range....I like the konis or the bilstiens as my d-specs failed after 2 years.....

shadowmd
06-16-2008, 09:01 AM
thanks for the input....gonna be ordering the d-specs. thanks again... im a suspension noob (when it comes to buyin shit lol)

shadowmd
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
save up..... give it time, I'm sure you will like them. Plus you can take a ride in Marys' car so you can get a feel for them....:mbiggrin::mwink:

i would but my struts are REALLY REALLY shitty atm lol.

so i just ordered the d-specs. got'em from corsport for $575 shipped and since they are fast at shipping, i might have'em by friday or monday (if they are in stock)

FoReVaPmP
06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
i would but my struts are REALLY REALLY shitty atm lol.

so i just ordered the d-specs. got'em from corsport for $575 shipped and since they are fast at shipping, i might have'em by friday or monday (if they are in stock)

Welp, I hope you like em Sam:msmile::mbiggrin:..... *CLOSED*