PDA

View Full Version : New to the Honda Civic world

soncep
06-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Hello fellow Honda users.
I have been reading this forum for a while and enjoy what is said. I figure it's time I introduce my self... Or my car maybe?

Last week, Purchessed a 2002 honda civic SIR (CDN version) in black. It's 100% stock with 67 000km. It's got the usual scratches and the driver's seat is a little worn but for the rest, it's top shape.

I must admin, I love the look and the sun roof of this car. The shifter is quite sexy also!

I can't stand a normal car, and i can't stand having a car every one has... (RSX, Civic coupe, matrix, celica etc etc...) The SIR is exclusive enough to satisfy me.

In stock trim, it's ok in terms of performance but doesn't feel as brutal as my old 323 with a BP engine in it. It it realy that fast because the engine is like silk, it's so smooth i don't even feel it's moving. Will have to figure out a way to give it more power... Maybe a Type-R engine in a few years.

I went ahead and ordered 4 drilled disks with SS brake lines and semi metalic pads, a RSX type-s sway bar for the rear and am gona buy some Eibach springs. Just so i can feel the road a little more.

Other then that, the car is gona stay as it.

Well, thanks for having me on your forum!
D

4lugSLUG
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
turn around and go before you get in too deep with this bucket. lol.

welcome to the wonderful world of the infamous EP3. hope you like it. its not that fast at all but it is enough to get you in trouble. good luck with it and remember NO RICE!!!!

jtyler05si
06-16-2008, 12:03 PM
sounds good man!

thats what i want to do...make it handle better.
although i am doing a bit more performance than you (probably because i am stuck with the A3) ):

good luck with your car....
and welcome to the home of the EP

*some people might get on your case, because you posted this in the wrong section (sort of)... there is a new members section for these types of threads...but oh well.

cHaRL!e
06-16-2008, 12:10 PM
sounds like a good start. if you get springs you might as well get some shocks so you dont have to take them out another time(unless you dont mind). those installs shouldn't be that hard. Welcome to ephatch :D

Kodeen
06-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I like where you're headed so far with your mods. Welcome!

Tnhatch03
06-16-2008, 12:35 PM
moved.

and welcome to epcrack!

ep3er
06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Welcome newbie!

benkieboy
06-19-2008, 07:27 AM
welcome buddy!