PDA

View Full Version : Spoon midpipe

jh604
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
so the spoon midpipe is "jap. spec" so im assuming that means its JDM so the fitment on a USDM EP will be different? Assuming i would need a JDM or DC5R header? so the length is correct? As you can see im confused about this. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance to all you!!!

-Jordan

dashehonda
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
so the spoon midpipe is "jap. spec" so im assuming that means its JDM so the fitment on a USDM EP will be different? Assuming i would need a JDM or DC5R header? so the length is correct? As you can see im confused about this. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance to all you!!!

-Jordan

I believe the JDM ep3 has the same header ( though it may be the Type-S header specs) and exhaust, the DC-5 header is different as so is the exhaust, dont quote me, i might be wrong.

jh604
06-16-2008, 11:15 PM
well im planning to get a spoon 4-2-1 race header and the spoon midpipe and possibly using the OEM axleback. I believe the oem axleback is very free flowing? (i may be wrong) but i know i will have some major gains with this setup but without a nice muffler noise.

any one have a soundclip of the oem axleback with someother header/midpipe set up?

Draw7Seven
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
well im planning to get a spoon 4-2-1 race header and the spoon midpipe and possibly using the OEM axleback. I believe the oem axleback is very free flowing? (i may be wrong) but i know i will have some major gains with this setup but without a nice muffler noise.

any one have a soundclip of the oem axleback with someother header/midpipe set up?

Free flowing, yes, great sounding... probably not. Is the Spoon RH the one that needs a different front sway to get around? Or is that the Toda or something? I know at least one of those baller RH's has its own bar just to make it not bump.

fatty
06-16-2008, 11:34 PM
you should probably by a spoon n1 axle back too. sounds very good. maybe you can wait till i sell mine

fonzeka
06-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Spoon midpipe has the same fitment as RSX-S, DC5-R and EP3-R midpipes.
So if you swap out your header it should fit fine.

Gilmour
06-17-2008, 07:38 AM
^ Right

OP just don't be looking for "major gains"

jh604
06-17-2008, 10:05 AM
ahh thanks everyone! one more thing. how long of an o2 extension would i need? do i need an o2 sim?

jh604
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
bump! can anyone answer these questions?

Gilmour
06-18-2008, 05:30 AM
bump! can anyone answer these questions?

Yes but there pretty basic questions here.

Since the spoon sports 4-2 and 2-1 header is a direct replacement for a OEM Honda Type-R (Civic or Integra) header. Yes you'd be needing a O2 Extension, just as if you are putting a DC5 or Type-R RH in a SI.

O2 Sim It would be a good Idea as the 2-1 spoon sports header is a replacement with no cat.

b.r.i.a.n.
06-18-2008, 06:38 AM
i have the spoon midpipe. it's 60mm or about 2.3 inches. yes it is ep3 ctr specific. like others mentioned, the rsx-s, ep3 ctr, and dc5 itr all use the same header length and midpipe. what differs amongst them is the axle back. that's why spoon and other jdm companies sell any ep3/dc5 header as the same product. same goes for the midpipe.

as far as my midpipe, i bought it off a member here who had it cut to fit a usdm ep3 specific header. i just wanted it to bolt up to the spoon n1 axle back which i already had. honestly though imo all 60mm exhausts offered in the japanese market pretty much offer the same gains. if you're going with major mods down the the line i'd rather just go with a custom 3 inch exhaust.

jh604
06-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes but there pretty basic questions here.

Since the spoon sports 4-2 and 2-1 header is a direct replacement for a OEM Honda Type-R (Civic or Integra) header. Yes you'd be needing a O2 Extension, just as if you are putting a DC5 or Type-R RH in a SI.

O2 Sim It would be a good Idea as the 2-1 spoon sports header is a replacement with no cat.

cool thanks! do you have the diy on the o2 sim? or which part # i would need? where can i get an o2 ext. I'm in Canada BTW

jtyler05si
06-18-2008, 10:33 AM
o2 extension on clubrsx.com
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/EXO2.html

search for the simulator...few places, i believe, on here tell how to do it...very easy