PDA

View Full Version : Criticism appreciated

kon
06-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I just did a few runs to check where I'm at with my air fuel today. I noticed that my knock count was through the roof, but that wasn't surprising since it's always been that way. If anyone wants to take a look at my calibration and let me know what they think I would appreciate it.

I realize I'm running a bit rich in some areas, can't seem to really iron some of that out.

Thanks

clutch797
06-16-2008, 07:05 PM
post up you kal. From what i can see you need to work on you cam angle for sure. Whats your set up? The a/f looks good but the cam angle is staying in the high 20's/30/40. I would pull some ign. out through the whole thing by 2 degrees and see were that puts you at. But get a Kal. up and we can help more.

I'm running a k24a1, look at my log and you can see the diffence.

kon
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
here it is

clutch797
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
why 675cc injectors? boosted? I think your vtec crossover is way too soon as well. 4k is kind of low. what oct. gas are you using? also who made this tune for you?

kon
06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
why 675cc injectors? boosted?

Great question. No boost, just my dumb ass trying to get a deal and having to pay twice as much in the long run. I didn't realize that 675cc was waaaayyy too big and bought them. I have 550cc sitting at my office and will install them in a few weeks.

clutch797
06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
You would be much better with a set of 310's or 440's. i would set the vtec cross over to 5800rpms and do another pull and see were you sit. An I would pull some ign. out. Alot of the knocks that your are getting look real so i would try some more street tuning and if you can't get them down then get it tuned.

PAPITUYO326
06-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Pull those 650s and either install those 550s or modify your 270s to flow 490cc and sell the other injectors.

kon
06-16-2008, 07:36 PM
On my last set-up, I ran 440's and they were at 77% duty cycle. The difference with this set up is higher compression shortblock. I needed bigger injectors for this set up. I did dyno tune it and did a composite cam angle map, very smooth powerband resulted from the cam angle you saw. Finally, I pulled timing from the entire rpm band and it did nothing to reduce the knock count. I've heard of people having these ghost knocks before, could it be a broken knock sensor? Maybe I'm in need of a valve lash? Not sure to be honest.

ALL MotoR Ep3
06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
DAMN KON....i hope you get that shyt fixed.........somebody help KON fix this problem....bump ttt

kon
06-16-2008, 07:51 PM
ok. I'll try this: I'll pull 3 degrees from the ignition tables and see if the knock count goes down.

clutch797
06-16-2008, 08:13 PM
I remember when i had my jrsc i kept pulling ign out and nothing would work so i added a few degrees and it helped. Are you tuning each cam table? I know it's a dumb question but i can't tell you how many people just check "edit all tables" and never tune each table. I know i did it.

kon
06-16-2008, 08:58 PM
here is what happened when I retarded 3 degrees from the map. Not a big improvement I think. I may have forgotten to edit 20* table though lol.

kon
06-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Just did another pull with the ignition set the way it was (prior to me messing with it) and the graph was almost the same. The knock level stays between 2.5 and 4.14 when I'm giving it 0 throttle. I'm ganna guess these are ghost knocks. Anyone see this?

Iluvcars
06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
after looking at your map, i would recommend getting it professionaly tuned. Couple of maps are messed up on your low and high cam maps. Fuel values crossing, etc...

However it does look like ghost knock. Do process of elimination. Check your lash, re-datalog. If that didn't fix, make sure you have lose parts that could cause the knock sensor to pick up fake knock. 3rd replace your knock sensor.

kon
06-17-2008, 07:47 AM
after looking at your map, i would recommend getting it professionaly tuned. Couple of maps are messed up on your low and high cam maps. Fuel values crossing, etc...

However it does look like ghost knock. Do process of elimination. Check your lash, re-datalog. If that didn't fix, make sure you have lose parts that could cause the knock sensor to pick up fake knock. 3rd replace your knock sensor.

I know what your talking about, believe it or not...that was professionally tuned :) I did almost all the tuning on this myself and straightened out all the maps. I will do exactly what you said with the valve lash and replace knock sensor.

Thanks for all the comments thus far

clutch797
06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
well if a new knock sensor wont cut your knock down then you need to take it to someone else and have them try.