PDA

View Full Version : best mufflers?

kenscivic
06-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I am going true dual with the mullet and wanted to see your opinions and thoughts about mufflers.. I was leaning towards OBX just for the fact they are so damn cheap.. Anybody with any experience on them? It'll be 2.5" inlet/outlet and 2.5" all the way.

suggestions thoughts?

Chazwick05
06-16-2008, 10:05 PM
I am going true dual with the mullet and wanted to see your opinions and thoughts about mufflers.. I was leaning towards OBX just for the fact they are so damn cheap.. Anybody with any experience on them? It'll be 2.5" inlet/outlet and 2.5" all the way.

suggestions thoughts?

you have an f-body right? ...at least i think so, i can't remember anymore lol.

i mean, it wouldn't hurt to try it out. personally i'd go custom and get straight pipe with a borla muffler on each side or a pair of glasspacks, but that may be out of your price range

kenscivic
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
you have an f-body right? ...at least i think so, i can't remember anymore lol.

i mean, it wouldn't hurt to try it out. personally i'd go custom and get straight pipe with a borla muffler on each side or a pair of glasspacks, but that may be out of your price range

glass packs were my next idea.. under the f body especially being lowered leaves room to be desired..

Im thinking summit universal x pipe to the glasspacks and dumped out

phister
06-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Vibrant makes good sounding mufflers IMO.

frm_808
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM

phister! whose that one your avatar:mtongue:

phister
06-16-2008, 11:15 PM
its the lovely Jessica Burciaga OF COURSE!!! Been in love with her ever since she broke into the scene. Shes one of the go go dancers at the import shows. She's hands down my fav of all time.

kenscivic
06-17-2008, 12:26 AM

good point and wont cripple my wallet either.. I had one i was going to toss on my ep back in the day, seemed like good craftsmanship as well

frm_808
06-17-2008, 01:16 AM
its the lovely Jessica Burciaga OF COURSE!!! Been in love with her ever since she broke into the scene. Shes one of the go go dancers at the import shows. She's hands down my fav of all time.

i knew she look familiar, thought it was eva longoria at first

phister
06-17-2008, 02:41 AM
good point and wont cripple my wallet either.. I had one i was going to toss on my ep back in the day, seemed like good craftsmanship as well

Yeah friend has the turbo muffler on his eclipse and it sounds nice. i might install their resonator on my greddy ti-c once it comes in since I'm running a DCRH, we'll see how it sounds with the silencer on 1st:mconfused:

JP_909
06-17-2008, 07:42 AM

Yes they do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gilmour
06-17-2008, 07:54 AM

I had one on my EK20a2 and loved the sound of it. Go with the stealth series.

Fico
06-17-2008, 08:03 AM
i would love to see dual obx twin loops they sound amazing and i think you would like the outcome! i know i did (and i have half the cyl.)

FoReVaPmP
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
:mrolleyes: who needs mufflers..... Straight pipes FTW!!!....:msmile: