PDA

View Full Version : cannot shift into ANY gears.

subie
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
alright so this started to happen yesterday. i push my clutch in all the way but the car will not go into any gear. when the car is off i can go into any gear i wish. but when i turn the car on, only SOMETIMES will i get the car running. i have to force the shifter into the gears almost. it also seems that the catch point on my clutch has been cut off. when i barely let off the clutch the car starts to bogg now. is this a blown clutch? also to mention my clutch is rough when i press down on it. please help me. where can i get this fixed with the least amount of $$. :) thanks. !

MR.Pizza
06-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I really can't say for sure but it sounds like your clutch is sauced, and every time your forcing a shift your turning your tranny into potato salad. Your probably best off taking it somewhere for a new clutch. :rip:

Lucid Moments
06-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Sounds like a clutch issue to me too. What clutch are you running?

RoyVegasPinoy
06-17-2008, 05:36 AM
lol this sounds almost exactly like my problem that happened just a few weeks ago. It's bad news, but it sounds like you need a new clutch.

My details with the problem are in here:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46686

I'll quote myself in that thread to show you my issue.

I sat there and tried all methods to shift but nothing. When I shut off the car, it allows me to shift to any gear, but the car won't start in gear, which means the clutch is not engaging. So I put it back in neutral and restart. Revved a few times, wiggled the shifter a few times, and I finally got it to shift into third. Good enough.

Fico
06-17-2008, 05:43 AM
i was having that problem and it wasnt the clutch, it was the tranny all the syncros went and i couldnt get into any gear

T-MacK
06-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Definetly clutch or tranny issue.
First things first.....quit trying to force it in'to any gears. Good luck with the fix.

dj addicted
06-17-2008, 06:21 AM
did you install a new clutch recently? One thing it could be is when they resurfaced the flywheel, they took too much off. This will cause exactly this. Please let us know what all has been done to the transmission lately.

Thanks

subie
06-17-2008, 07:23 AM
alright. thanks for the feedback. alright i have a STOCK clutch. i have 89k right now. and its a 03 :) i am most likely gonna have to get a new clutch. that is what i am getting. anyone know anywhere in socal that will do a new clutch for around 600?!?!? or cheaper?!? one more thing. stock clutch again...or aftermarket? and if so which one? thanks for your advice. :)!

RoyVegasPinoy
06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
alright. thanks for the feedback. alright i have a STOCK clutch. i have 89k right now. and its a 03 :) i am most likely gonna have to get a new clutch. that is what i am getting. anyone know anywhere in socal that will do a new clutch for around 600?!?!? or cheaper?!? one more thing. stock clutch again...or aftermarket? and if so which one? thanks for your advice. :)!

Might as well get an aftermarket clutch since OEM parts can be pricey. I just bought a competition clutch, but if I could do it again, I'd go with clutchnet.com. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Fico
06-17-2008, 07:46 AM
i got a competition 6 puck sprung and its nice just remember talons washer mod or else your going to be releasing at the floor

JackEp3
06-24-2008, 01:54 PM
thats crazy because my AC compressor seized last week. i just picked the car up from the guy who replaced it for me sunday night. drove it home AC cold, clutch felt a little hard but figured it was just cuz i was driving a new focus all week with the lightest clutch i ever felt. drove about 25 miles in the morning, no noticable problems. the car sat for about 5 hours and i went to leave and couldnt shift out of first. then i coulndnt get first or second but at a dead stop. drove the car home in 4th the whole way because i coulndt shift at all once in motion and my mechanic ended up saying that the clutch went. so after 1100 for the AC i now have to pay another 800 for clutch and install. but im going stage 2 exedy. couldnt get any other brand in less than a week and this is my daily driver.